New & Used Forklifts in Omaha, NE
Are you looking for one trustworthy company to provide forklifts in Omaha and all of your current material handling needs? Almost all manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in Omaha but you should still call around on The Forklift Center for the best rates. It is no secret that nearly every distributor relies on warehouse forklifts to keep their businesses humming. Thankfully there is literally a forklift for every situation and several that can serve double and triple duty like reach trucks, stand up/rider combos, walkie stackers, side loaders, side loaders, electric forklifts, internal combustion, walkie tow-lifts, articulating, remote guided and many more. No dealer sells every type of used forklift for sale in Omaha so picking a manufacturer and dealer will go together. It is recommended to first figure out the type of lift truck to meet your requirements and here is an easy guide:
- Electric Forklifts- The obvious choice for indoor use because you don't have to worry about the noise or polluting consequences of other engine types.
- Gasoline Powered- The largest range of lifting capacities can be found in traditional gas forklifts and they are the simplest to integrate into existing non-forklift equipment fleets.
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and eco-friendly choice, efficient and can be used inside warehouses, high reliability.
- Diesel Forklifts- Large diesel forklifts are typically limited to diesel fuel and come with a variety of attachments that enable lifting of virtually any kind of material as much as 100,000 lbs.
The Forklift Center Makes Service and Repair Work Simple!
Every piece of equipment your business owns requires ongoing maintenance in order to run efficiently and forklift repair in Omaha is no different. Unexpected forklift service is an eventuality that every business will have to face sooner or later whether for a leaking radiator or engine failure. Search for a well established company who takes pride in ensuring that your lift is fixed properly every time. Simply ask yourself what happens when the equipment stops operating and you will understand how vital it is to have a trusted resource for forklift repair in Omaha. Regular maintenance agreements for forklift service are what every manager eventually comes to depend upon after dealing with lift trucks failing multiple times. The bigger your company, the more essential it is to have forklift maintenance agreements that will assure you have no downtime with back up machines prepared at a moment's notice.
- How many forklift repair technicians are on their team?
- What is the typical response time for a repair call?
- What is the standard charge to fix a forklift larger than 10,000 pounds?
- What type of nominal fee will you charge for routine service calls when I participate in the repairs and maintenance program?
- Talk directly with a significant size client or two who utilize their service regularly.
- Can all repairs be done within our facility?
- Do you offer reduced prices for repeat customers?
- Will there be extra charges for night time or weekend service?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment are you able to maintain?
- Are there any equipment manufacturers that you don't repair?
- How long is your forklift repair work guaranteed?
Don't Purchase a Forklift For Short Term Use When You Can Rent
If your distribution facility has big changes in incoming orders often times your only option is to utilize forklift rental in Omaha. Retailers with a few locations rent forklifts when they have no means of transferring the equipment back and forth. Companies that rent forklifts in Omaha can save the day by providing quick use of equipment without the hassles of owning. No one likes to see the hit on the balance sheet that comes any time you rent a forklift in Omaha but the alternative, losing trust with significant customers, is absolutely not an option. Short term forklift rental also provides the greatest level of flexibility and can also work for 1 truck load if you are not dealing with ongoing deliveries. Just like any business expense forklift rental prices can fluctuate significantly based on your timing and of course the time of year. Weekly and monthly rental will save considerably from daily rates and generally cost $1,000 to $2,000 for any lift-truck rental under 10,000 lbs. Even though you may be hunting for this lift because of an emergency or time constraints, you still need to take some time to call a minimum of two businesses and ask about shipping charges, insurance or any other costs that may apply.
Searching For a Reconditioned Forklift in NE
Getting a used forklift in Omaha makes sense for the cost conscious warehouse owner. You will need to check around and talk to several equipment dealers but there are so many solutions that making a decision can be a painful experience. The decision to buy a new as opposed to a used forklift truck is not one that you should take very lightly. Most people in the material handling industry prefer to buy a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift because they are the biggest manufacturers. Some other manufacturers worth noting are Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. Trying to compare prices on used forklifts for sale is never apples to apples as every machine is different. The manufacturer is a major your decision when purchasing a used forklift in Omaha especially if you take into account that most will often certify restored machines. Most material handling magazines recommend Toyota forklifts for their unrivaled service after the purchase. So if you buy from a reliable brand your decision to buy a used forklift will likely be a great move.
- Attempt to only buy standard forklift capacity ranges of less than 7,500 since they will provide far more selection compared to large capacity lifts.
- Try to figure out how long you will require your forklift.
- A lot of people do not realize it but insurance charges may change based on purchasing a used forklift especially if it is a very old machine with outdated security features.
- With many solutions to choose from short & long term lease and rent to own it is essential that you speak to at least 3 forklift dealers in Omaha prior to making a decision.
- Only buy a used forklift in Omaha from a dealer who has great references that you can check out.
- Always buy a forklift that is a little bigger than the capacity and lift level you initially need so that you do not outgrow it too fast.
- Any great equipment dealer will be able to educate your staff to be safe and pass OSHA government criteria.
- Does Omaha require a registration when you get a used forklift?
- Avoid unexpected charges by checking for delivery fees, part replacement fees and odd billing cycles that can trip you up.
Regardless of how big your company is or how many locations you have you have, The Forklift Center will be here to help you out. Give us a call or complete the quote form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.