Forklifts in Raleigh, NC
Each and every day businesses are looking for material handling options that improve productivity with the help of forklifts in Raleigh. It isn't hard to do a quick online search with The Forklift Center and find a forklift dealer in Raleigh, the hard part is choosing a reputable one that will be there when you need them. A dilemma can arise when it is time to choose between warehouse forklift types, particularly when you may have varying size/weight loads and space to work in. Depending on the design of your facility you may require high reach lift trucks, electric forklifts for indoor use, order picker/cherry picker, narrow aisle or a unique counterbalanced lift that can articulate while loaded for any stacking task. There are multiple avenues for finding used forklifts for sale in Raleigh but you will usually be let down if you don't truly understand the type of equipment you need. It is advisable to first choose the kind of lift truck to suit your needs and here is an easy guide:
- Diesel Forklifts- Large diesel forklifts are mostly limited to diesel fuel and come with a wide variety of attachments that enable lifting of just about any kind of material as much as one hundred thousand pounds.
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and environmentally friendly choice, effective and can be used inside warehouses, high durability.
- Electric Forklift- When it comes to trying to keep the workplace healthy, clean, and quiet nothing compares to the electric forklift.
- Internal Combustion Forklifts- Are powered by standard gasoline are still very common and make for easy refueling.
Repairing Warehouse Equipment the Smart Way
Truth be told, fast response time is the most critical factor for you to find when you need forklift repair in Raleigh. From 3, 2, and often 1 hour forklift service appointments you will need to find a company with highly competent specialists and several service vans. Search for an established business who takes pride in making sure your lift is repaired completely every time. Keeping your equipment up to par will help you avoid emergencies and save money over time, which makes forklift repair in Raleigh a leading priority for warehouse managers. Regular routine maintenance agreements for forklift service are what every supervisor eventually comes to depend on after struggling with lift trucks failing several times. The larger your business, the more important it is to set up forklift maintenance contracts that will guarantee you have no downtime with backup equipment prepared at a moment's notice.
- How often are your repairmen unable to repair a forklift?
- For new customers, can the upfront fees be rolled in to the monthly maintenance charge?
- Talk directly with a big client or two who utilize their service regularly.
- Can all repairs be done at our location?
- Does your dealership promise to arrive within a particular time frame from when I call for support?
- If I agree to a longer term contract, will you offer a special offer?
- I have many different types of forklifts, can you help me maintain all types?
- Can your repair men handle several manufacturer product lines?
- Does the dealer have multiple forklift repair technicians available?
- If I notice that right after the forklift repair job is complete the equipment is still not functioning properly, how long do I have to tell you?
- Do you offer support on holidays or do last minute priority service?
Don't Purchase a Forklift For A Temporary Need When You Can Rent
Even for corporations with big equipment fleets it can often make sense to get a forklift rental in Raleigh if inventory is backed up. Maybe you rent forklifts seasonally for larger temporary projects or can't afford a purchase. Whatever the situation may be you need to ensure you evaluate the rates for forklift rental in Raleigh to the price of owning over the long run. Many warehouse managers simply do not sit back and do the math to really determine what costs less. Short term forklift rental also offers the highest degree of flexibility and can even work for a single truck load if you are not managing regular deliveries. Forklift rental rates in Raleigh will vary by the day, week, month and sometimes even by the hour. Most corporations who rent lift trucks do not supply an operator so it is vital to have a worker trained. Leasing a high priced machine also means that you will need to be properly insured.
How To Find a Reconditioned Used Forklift
Getting a used forklift in Raleigh is smart for the price sensitive facility manager. If your equipment will be used outdoors in the elements or for multiple hours daily then you will need to have a real workhorse. The choice to purchase a new as opposed to a used forklift truck is not one that you should take very casually. Many companies who handle several pieces of equipment and locations rely on leading names including Toyota forklifts, CAT lift trucks (Caterpillar), and Crown lift trucks. There are excellent budget alternatives including Raymond, Yale forklifts, Nissan forklifts and Yale. Sometimes you can get the lowest rates on a used forklift for sale by talking to material handling experts that regularly get rid of old machines. The manufacturer is a large component of your decision when buying a used forklift in Raleigh especially when you consider that most will often certify repaired machines. For example if a Toyota forklift is refurbished then it can truly end up like new, and many dealers are going to offer warranties. It is clear that used forklifts don't have to be a gamble.
- Will Raleigh charge a registration fee when you purchase a used forklift?
- Figure out whether you will need a standard capacity forklift truck from 2,500 lb to 7,500 lb or a larger capacity lift over 20,000 lbs. 10,000 lb.
- Make an effort to determine how long you will require your forklift.
- It is also a great idea to consult with your insurance agent about whether insurance fees are going to be increased more by a new or used forklift purchase on the balance sheet.
- Whether to lease, rent or purchase can only be resolved by contacting several forklift dealers in Raleigh to see what custom options they provide.
- Does the dealer apply a delivery fee? A lot of dealers charge a delivery fee plus a pick up fee for rentals.
- Every good equipment supplier will certify used forklifts in Raleigh, and many will incorporate guarantees for about half a year.
- If you want to buy a forklift and it is your first time, make sure to get a somewhat larger capacity lift truck than you initially estimate just to cover any oversights.
- Make sure your team has been properly trained and certified according to OSHA standards before you rent or purchase a forklift.
Let The Forklift Center assist you with your complete equipment needs in Raleigh. Call us or fill out the quote form and we will respond ASAP.