New & Used Forklifts in Columbus, OH
Every single day people are looking for material handling options that enhance productivity by utilizing forklifts in Columbus. Almost all manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in Columbus but you still need to call around on The Forklift Center for the best rates. Warehouse forklift operators have integrated equipment into the very blueprint of their production sites. It may be difficult to find a forklift dealer that can handle the large number of machine sizes and both internal combustion and electric forklift engine types that can make the head spin. No dealer sells every type of used forklift for sale in Columbus so finding a dealer and manufacturer often go hand in hand. It is best to first decide the kind of lift truck to suit your needs and here is a convenient guide:
- Electric Forklift- Nearly all warehouses depend on electric forklifts nowadays, though fuel cell lift trucks are getting to be more common.
- Gasoline Powered- The largest range of lifting capacities can be found in traditional gas forklifts and they are the easiest to incorporate into fleets with multiple other equipment lines.
- Propane Forklifts- New models of LPG forklifts mean that owners no longer have to sacrifice much power at all to obtain the eco-friendly advantages.
- Diesel Forklifts- Heavy duty diesel forklifts are usually used at docks and ports to move large cargo containers, these large machines can lift just about anything.
Take Care of Your Forklift With Preventative Maintenance
Believe it or not, rapid response time is the most important factor for you to find when you need forklift repair in Columbus. Unforeseen forklift service is a situation that every company must deal with at some time whether for a broken attachment or electrical malfunction. 2 hour repair is available in many metros as well but it can cost more. You can often find 24/7 forklift repair in Columbus but it can help if you have a maintenance contract that gives you priority. Regular maintenance agreements for forklift service are what every manager eventually comes to depend on after struggling with lift trucks failing multiple times. The bigger your business, the more important it is to have forklift maintenance agreements that will assure you have no downtime with back up equipment prepared at a moment's notice.
- How many forklift repair technicians are on their team?
- How long does it take from the time I make a call to when the service van shows up?
- What is the typical cost to fix a forklift under 10,000 pounds?
- What type of nominal fee will you charge for regular service calls when I buy the monthly maintenance program?
- I have multiple types of forklifts, can you help me maintain all types?
- Get in touch with a couple of references of their large customers because they're the ones who use it the most.
- Will you lower your service fees if I agree to do business exclusively with your dealership?
- Do you provide support on holidays or do emergency priority service?
- Are there any lines of equipment that you do not work with?
- Will you repair my lift off or on site?
- Can you offer any kind of free help and support for a certain period after the forklift repair is finished?
The Complete Guide to Renting a Forklift in Columbus, OH
Even for corporations that have big equipment fleets it can often pay to look for a forklift rental in Columbus as soon as times get tough. You might rent forklifts seasonally for bigger short-term jobs or cannot afford an investment in new equipment. Whatever the circumstance is you need to ensure you examine the rates for forklift rental in Columbus to the price of owning over the long run. Many warehouse managers simply do not take the time to do the math to really determine what will save money. Short term forklift rental also gives the highest degree of versatility and can even work for 1 truck load in case you are not managing ongoing shipments. Just like any business expense forklift rental prices can vary dramatically depending on your timing and not to mention seasonality. A typical warehouse forklift rental will most likely begin at about a hundred dollars per day plus delivery, while the heavy duty lifts can get up to approximately $400 and up. Most warehouses are clearly better off having machines to manage costs more effectively, but short term solutions can help you deal with the unforeseen issues that come with any enterprise.
Searching For a Reconditioned Forklift
Buying a used forklift in Columbus is smart for the cost sensitive warehouse manager. You have to ask around and speak with a few equipment dealers but there are so many options that deciding can be like. Perhaps you are simply looking for the lowest price for a used forklift truck that will just be utilized occasionally. Most people in the material handling industry opt to buy a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift as they are the biggest names. In cases where you only use your lift truck a couple of hours monthly you can get away using a Yale forklift, Nissan lift truck or a Hyster or Raymond. Trying to compare prices on used forklifts for sale can be never apples to apples because every lift is different. No matter who you choose for your used forklift in Columbus make sure to get extensive and top quality warranties. For example when a Toyota forklift is overhauled then it can truly be like new, and a lot of dealers are going to offer warranties. As long as you go with a reliable name your decision to buy a used forklift will likely be an excellent move.
- Figure out what capacity of forklift truck you will require for the job, usually from 4,000lb all the way up to 100,000lb
- How many days do you need the forklift and how many hours each day will it be in use?
- It is also a great idea to talk with your insurance company about whether insurance fees will be affected more by a new or used forklift purchase on the balance sheet.
- Get in touch with no less than four forklift dealers in Columbus so you can check their short term, monthly, & extended lease rates.
- Any decent equipment dealer is going to certify used forklifts in Columbus, and many will also offer warranties for a minimum of three months.
- It is not easy to anticipate all of the jobs your lift will be utilized for so it is better to buy a forklift a little bit bigger than you think you initially need.
- Make sure your staff has been adequately trained and certified according to OSHA specifications before you rent or purchase a forklift.
- Will Columbus charge a registration fee when you get a used forklift?
- Avoid unexpected charges by checking for delivery fees, part replacement charges and 28 day billing cycles that may trip you up.
It doesn't matter how big your organization is or how many areas you serve you have, The Forklift Center is here to help you out. Quickly enter your information into the quote form and we get moving for you.