New & Used Forklifts in Portland, OR
Do you need one reliable company to supply forklifts in Portland and all of your current material handling needs? It isn't hard to do a quick search on the internet with The Forklift Center and find a forklift dealer in Portland, the challenging part is finding a reputable one that will be there when you need them. A problem can come up when it is time to decide between warehouse forklift types, particularly when you may have diverse size/weight loads and space to work in. Depending on the layout of your facility you may need high reach lift trucks, electric forklifts for indoor use, order pickers, narrow aisle or a special counterbalanced lift that stays agile while loaded for any stacking task. There are multiple avenues for getting used forklifts for sale in Portland but you will often end up disappointed if you don't have a solid understanding of what you need. To select the lift truck that will help you accomplish your goals focus on:
- Gasoline Powered- The biggest range of lifting capacities can be found in gasoline powered forklifts and they are the easiest to incorporate into fleets with multiple other equipment lines.
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and eco-friendly choice, efficient and can be utilized inside manufacturing facilities, high reliability.
- Electric Forklifts- The obvious choice for indoor use because you don't have to worry about the noise or polluting effects of other engine types.
- Diesel Forklifts- Large diesel forklifts are generally limited to diesel fuel and come with an assortment of accessories that enable lifting of just about any kind of material to as much as 100,000 lbs.
The Forklift Center Makes Service and Repair Work Easy!
The reality is equipment predictably fails at some point, and when you need forklift repair in Portland, time is money. Getting your lift trucks repaired and your inventory in motion again is your most important job, so you will want to choose a dealer with on-site service and high quality forklift service specialists. Look for a well established dealer who takes pride in making sure your lift is fixed properly every time. Keeping your equipment up to standard will help you stay away from emergencies and save cash over time, making forklift repair in Portland a leading priority for facility managers. It is well known that when the machine stops running, employees are often stuck waiting for forklift service specialists and that hurts the bottom line. The bigger your business, the more essential it is to have forklift maintenance contracts that will guarantee you have no downtime with back up machines prepared at a moment's notice.
- Does the dealer have more than one forklift repair technicians available?
- How long should it take from the time I call until the service van shows up?
- What do most of your clients pay to have you fix a forklift?
- What kind of nominal fee will you charge for regular service calls when I buy the monthly maintenance program?
- Can you repair all types of forklift or other warehouse machines?
- Talk directly with a significant size client or two who use their service on a regular basis.
- Are you going to reduce your fees when I agree to do business exclusively with your dealership?
- What is the cost difference for emergency services and non business hours work?
- Are there any lines of equipment that you do not work with?
- Will you repair my lift on or off site?
- Do you offer any sort of free help and support for a particular period after the forklift repair is done?
How to Compare Your Options From Dealer to Dealer
A forklift rental in Portland is the least complicated way to quickly take on new stock deliveries. Perhaps you rent forklifts seasonally for larger temporary projects or can't afford an investment in new equipment. Many businesses are turned off by the concept of renting a forklift since they prefer to own, however the compromise comes with extra ability to deal with far more work. Accountants prefer to get rid of every short-term expenditure on the balance sheet and often don't recognize what a big help this equipment can be in a pinch. Forklift rental rates vary widely from place to place and business to business and usually will not be shown online. Forklift rental rates in Portland will vary by the day, week, month and even by the hour. A regular factory forklift rental will usually start at approximately $100 per day in addition to delivery, while the large capacity lifts might get up to nearly four hundred and up. Even though you may be searching for this lift because of an emergency or time constraints, you still have to take some time to call a minimum of two businesses and ask about shipping charges, insurance or any other costs that may apply.
Searching For a Rebuilt Forklift
Depending on your region, company size and type of product you're going to be moving there is a lot to consider when purchasing a new or used forklift in Portland. Prior to buying any warehouse equipment do your homework online. Your choices may be limited by budget constraints but the price of a used forklift truck will usually be less. If you really count on your equipment then you may need either a Toyota forklift, Caterpillar or Crown forklift, the superior selling brands. When you only use your lift truck a couple of hours monthly you can get away with a Yale forklift, Nissan lift truck or a Hyster or Raymond. Any sizable company will have used forklifts for sale when their equipment ages. The manufacturer is an important element of your selection when buying a used forklift in Portland particularly if you consider that many will often certify restored machines. Toyota forklifts are respected for their superior quality and fantastic aftermarket service. Brand name manufacturer support can really ensure purchasing used forklifts more appealing.
- Determine what size of forklift truck you will require to do the job, most often from 5,000 pound to 20,000 pound
- Make an effort to determine how long you will need your forklift.
- It is also a great idea to talk with your insurance agent on whether insurance fees are going to be affected more by a new or used forklift purchase on the balance sheet.
- Speak to no less than four forklift dealers in Portland to evaluate their short term, monthly, & long term lease options.
- Only purchase a used forklift in Portland from a dealer who has good references that you can check out.
- Only buy a forklift that slightly exceeds the capacity and lift height you presently require to ensure you don't outgrow it too fast.
- Make sure your staff has been properly trained and licensed according to OSHA specifications before you rent or purchase a forklift.
- Will Portland make you register when you purchase a used forklift?
- Avoid unexpected charges by checking for delivery fees, part replacement fees and odd billing cycles that can trip you up.
No matter how big your organization is or how many cities you service you have, The Forklift Center will be here to help anytime. Give us a call or fill out the quote form and we will help you immediately.