Houston Forklifts - New & Used
Just look in any warehouse facility or down any alley and it is easy to notice that companies depend on forklifts in Houston. The Forklift Center is the only website to find reliable local forklift dealers in Houston that are authorized by the major manufacturers. It is no secret that nearly every supplier relies upon warehouse forklifts to keep their businesses humming. Depending on the layout of your facility you may need high reach lift trucks, electric forklifts for indoor use, order picker/cherry picker, narrow aisle or a unique counterbalanced lift that stays agile while loaded for any stacking task. You can start searching for a used forklift for sale in Houston online but you will ultimately want speak with a material handling professional. Selecting your lift truck is always the first step, pick from:
- Diesel Forklift Trucks- Extremely durable and very high power, used for high capacity forklifts.
- LPG Forklifts- Liquid propane gas lift trucks are great for indoor use where you have to be concerned with quality of air and noise.
- Electric Forklift- In terms of keeping the work environment healthy, clean, and low noise nothing beats the electric forklift.
- Gasoline Powered- The largest range of lifting capacities can be found in gasoline powered forklifts and they are the simplest to integrate into existing non-forklift equipment fleets.
Fixing Material Handling Equipment Doesn't Have to be a Pain
Believe it or not, rapid response time is actually the most important factor for you to find when you need forklift repair in Houston. Getting your lift trucks repaired and your inventory in motion again is your most important job, so you will want to choose a dealer with on-site support and well trained forklift service technicians. 2 hour repair is offered in several areas as well but it will cost you. Simply think about what happens once the equipment stops functioning and you will realize how essential it is to find a reliable resource for forklift repair in Houston. Regular maintenance contracts for forklift service are what every supervisor eventually comes to rely on after dealing with lift trucks failing several times. The larger your business, the more essential it is to set up forklift maintenance contracts that will guarantee you have no downtime with back up machines ready to go at a moment's notice.
- How many forklift repair technicians are on their team?
- Does your dealership guarantee to arrive within a particular time frame from when I call for support?
- How often are your technicians incapable of fixing a forklift?
- When I sign up for a repairs and maintenance program, can you deduct the fees of the first repair from my contract?
- Contact a couple of references of their large customers since they're the ones who use it the most.
- Will I have to bring my equipment to you or can you provide service at my location?
- Do you offer special deals for long term clients?
- Do you offer support on holidays or do last minute priority service?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment are you able to maintain?
- Can your dealership deal with several manufacturer product lines?
- Do you offer any kind of free help and support for a particular period of time after the forklift repair is finished?
The Basics of Renting a Forklift in Houston, TX
Even for organizations with large equipment fleets it can sometimes pay to look for a forklift rental in Houston if inventory is backed up. Usually machines will break down right when a large shipment comes or you just got a new major client forcing you to rent forklifts for just a few days. Whatever the situation is you want to make sure you compare the price of forklift rental in Houston to the price of owning over the long run. Nobody wants to see the hit on the bottom line that comes when you rent a forklift in Houston but the other option, reducing trust with big clients, is absolutely not an option. Forklift rental prices vary widely from place to place and one company to another and most will not be shown online. You can see fees that range between $100 - $300 for a 7k lb forklift rental by the day and $200 to $450 for a 10,000 pound lift by the day. A regular warehouse forklift rental will often start at approximately $100 a day delivery, while the heavy duty lifts might get up to roughly four hundred and up. Even though you may be searching for this lift as a result of an emergency or time constraints, you still need to take time to call no less than 2 dealers and inquire about shipping charges, insurance or any other fees that may apply.
How To Find a Certified Used Forklift
Depending on your area, business size and type of product you'll be stocking there is a lot to think about when buying a new or used forklift in Houston. You should check around and talk to several equipment dealers but there are so many alternatives that making a decision can be like. Perhaps you are only looking for the least expensive price for a used forklift truck that will just be used sparingly. Most companies who maintain multiple pieces of machines and facilities depend on major brands including Toyota forklifts, CAT lift trucks (Caterpillar), and Crown lift trucks. Additional manufacturers worth noting are Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. Your average big distributor have used forklifts for sale as their old equipment wears down. Buying a used forklift in Houston makes your choice on which manufacturer to select much more significant. For example if a Toyota forklift is refurbished then it can truly be like new, and many dealers may give performance guarantees. It is clear that used forklifts don't have to be considered a risk.
- Figure out what capacity of forklift truck you will require to do the job, usually from 4,000lb all the way up to 100,000lb
- How many days do you need the forklift and how many hours per day will it be in use?
- It is also a smart idea to talk with your insurance agent about whether insurance fees will be affected more by a new or used forklift purchase on the books.
- Get in touch with at least 3 forklift dealers in Houston to check their short term, monthly, & extended lease rates.
- Check out the dealers background to be sure you are not responsible for repairs and maintenance on an old used forklift in Houston.
- It is difficult to forecast each of the things your lift will be utilized for so it is preferable to buy a forklift slightly larger than you think you will need at first.
- Any great equipment supplier should be able to teach your employees to be safe and up to OSHA government standards.
- When you invest in a used forklift are there any special bills for registering in Houston?
- Are you able to avoid any delivery fees by picking up the equipment right from the dealer? If you have a flatbed this might save you some money.
The Forklift Center will be able to assist you to allocate all types of factory and construction equipment. Simply type in your info into the quote form and we do the job for you.