Forklifts in Berkeley, CA
Day after day people are searching for material handling options that increase efficiency with the help of forklifts in Berkeley. It isn't tough to do a brief online search with The Forklift Center and find a forklift dealer in Berkeley, the hard part is finding a trustworthy one that will be there when you need them. A problem can come up when it is time to choose between warehouse forklift types, especially when you may have varying size/weight loads and space to work in. Fortunately there is literally a forklift for every scenario and many that can serve double and triple duty such as reach trucks, stand up/rider combos, walkie stackers, side loaders, side loaders, electric forklifts, internal combustion, walkie tow-lifts, articulating, remote guided and many more. Most people begin searching for a used forklift for sale in Berkeley online but it is best to consult an industry expert. To select the lift truck to enable you to achieve your goals focus on:
- Diesel Forklifts- Large diesel forklifts are mainly limited to diesel fuel and come with a selection of accessories which allow lifting of just about any material as much as 100,000 lbs.
- Propane Forklifts- New models of LPG forklifts mean that owners no longer have to sacrifice much power at all to get the environmentally friendly advantages.
- Electric Forklift- When it comes to trying to keep the workplace healthy, clean, and low noise nothing compares to the electric forklift.
- Gasoline Powered- The biggest range of lifting capacities can be found in traditional gas forklifts and they are the simplest to integrate into existing non-forklift equipment fleets.
Warehouse Equipment Repairs Should be Simple in Berkeley, CA
Every piece of equipment your business operates requires continuous care and maintenance in order to operate smoothly and forklift repair in Berkeley is no different. From 3, 2, and often 1 hour forklift service appointments you will need to find a business with highly qualified technicians and several service vans. Start looking for a well established business who values ensuring that your lift is fixed completely every time. You can often find round-the-clock forklift repair in Berkeley but it can help when you have a maintenance contract which gives you priority. Regular forklift service is unbelievably inexpensive especially when compared to the initial investment for brand new or replacement equipment, so don't skimp. Forklift maintenance contracts can span from six months up to three years or more and will help you rest much easier.
- What is the average charge to fix a forklift below six thousand pound capacity?
- What kind of nominal fee will you charge for normal service calls when I utilize the monthly maintenance program?
- Talk directly with a large company or two who use their service regularly.
- Will I have to bring my machines to your dealership or are you going to provide service at my location?
- Does your dealership guarantee to show up within a particular period of time from when I call for support?
- Are you going to lower your service fees when I agree to do business exclusively with your dealership?
- I have several types of forklifts, are you able to help me maintain all types?
- Does the company work with all manufacturer lines of equipment?
- Does your dealership an have adequate number of forklift repair technicians to handle multiple service calls at the same time if my fleet starts to fail?
- Do you provide any sort of free help and support for a certain period of time after the forklift repair is finished?
- What is the cost difference for emergency support and non business hours work?
When Is It Time to Rent a Forklift
When your distribution center has major changes in deliveries often times your only option is to use forklift rental in Berkeley. Sometimes machines will stop working as soon as a large shipment arrives or you recently got a new major client forcing you to rent forklifts for only a couple of days. Businesses that rent forklifts in Berkeley really help in a pinch by providing quick use of equipment without the problems that come with owning. Most warehouse managers simply don't sit down and do the math to fully find out what will save money. This is why many equipment producers focus on dependability and durability in their machines because it is less likely to put you in a bind. You will find prices that range between $100 - $300 for a 7k lb forklift rental by the day and $150 - $500 for a 8,000 lb. lift by the day. A standard factory forklift rental will usually start at approximately $100 a day plus delivery, while the heavy duty lifts might get up to nearly $500 and up. Even though you may be searching for this equipment as a result of an emergency or time constraints, you still have to take the time to call a minimum of three businesses and inquire about shipping charges, insurance or any other fees that could apply.
New or Used Forklifts, How To Choose?
Depending on your location, company size and type of product you'll be loading there is a lot to consider when purchasing a new or used forklift in Berkeley. You should ask around and speak with a few equipment dealers but there are so many choices that deciding can be like. Your choices may be restricted by budget constraints but the cost of a used forklift truck will usually be less. A lot of people in the material handling industry prefer to purchase a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift because they are the biggest brands. In cases where you only use your lift truck a few hours each month you can get away using a Yale forklift, Nissan lift truck or a Hyster or Raymond. Comparing prices on used forklifts for sale can be never apples to apples when every machine is different. Purchasing used forklift in Berkeley makes your decision on which manufacturer to select much more important. Toyota forklifts are recognized for their great quality and fantastic aftermarket support. Brand name manufacturer support can actually help make purchasing used forklifts more appealing.
- Evaluate what size of forklift truck you will require to do the job, most often from 2,500 lbs. to 7,500 lbs.
- It is also smart to consult with your insurance company about whether insurance fees are going to be increased more by a new or used forklift purchase on the books.
- The rent, lease or buy question can only be resolved by calling several forklift dealers in Berkeley to determine what personalized options they have.
- Check out the dealers background to be sure you aren't responsible for repair on an old used forklift in Berkeley.
- Keeping your workers fully educated and OSHA certified is not just necessary for safety, it is actually a legal requirement.
- Does Berkeley charge a registration fee when you buy a used forklift?
- Will you save on set up costs by picking up the equipment straight from the dealer? If you trailer this might save you some money.
Let The Forklift Center provide you with your entire equipment needs in Berkeley. Just provide your information into the quote form and we do the job for you.