New & Used Forklifts in Burbank, CA
Just look in any warehouse facility or down any alley and it is easy to see that businesses rely on forklifts in Burbank. The majority of manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in Burbank but you still need to call around on The Forklift Center for the best price ranges. A challenge can come up when it is time to choose between warehouse forklift types, particularly when you may have diverse size/weight loads and space to operate in. Fortunately there is literally a forklift for every scenario and many that can serve double and triple duty like reach trucks, stand up/rider combos, walkie stackers, side loaders, side loaders, electric forklifts, telescopic lift trucks, walkie tow-lifts, articulating, remote guided and many more. It is best searching for a used forklift for sale in Burbank on the Internet but it is best to consult a dealer. It is recommended to first decide the type of lift truck to meet your needs and here is a convenient guide:
- Diesel Forklift Trucks- Extremely durable and very high power, used for high capacity forklifts.
- LPG Forklifts- Liquid propane gas lift trucks are ideal for indoor use where you have to be concerned about quality of air and noise.
- Electric Forklift- Nearly all warehouses rely on electric forklifts nowadays, though fuel cell lift trucks are becoming more popular.
- Gasoline Powered- The largest range of lifting capacities can be found in gasoline powered forklifts and they are the easiest to integrate into existing non-forklift equipment fleets.
Fixing Material Handling Equipment Doesn't Have to be a Hassle
The truth is equipment obviously stops working, and when you need forklift repair in Burbank, time is money. Unforeseen forklift service is a situation that every company must deal with at some time whether for a broken attachment or gasket leak. Four hour repair is offered in many metros as well but it can cost you. Just ask yourself what happens once the equipment stops functioning and you will fully grasp how vital it is to have a trustworthy resource for forklift repair in Burbank. It is well known that whenever the machine stops operating, workers are often caught waiting around for forklift service specialists and that hurts the bottom line. Forklift maintenance agreements can run from 3 months to as much as 3 years or more and will allow you to rest much easier.
- Does the dealer have multiple forklift repair technicians available?
- Does your dealership guarantee to arrive within a certain time frame from when I call for support?
- What would be the typical charge to fix a forklift larger than six thousand pound capacity?
- If I set up a a repairs and maintenance program, do you subtract the fees of the initial repair from my contract?
- Talk directly with a big client or two who utilize their service on a regular basis.
- Will you repair my lift off or on site?
- If I agree to an extended term contract, will you offer a great deal?
- Do you provide support on holidays or do emergency priority service?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment are you able to maintain?
- Are there any lines of equipment that you don't repair?
- What if I notice that after the forklift repair work is complete the equipment is still not working correctly, how soon do I need to tell you?
Purchase vs. Rental vs. Long Term Lease
If your distribution facility has major changes in incoming orders sometimes your only option is to use forklift rental in Burbank. Perhaps you rent forklifts seasonally for bigger temporary projects or can't afford an investment in new equipment. A lot of company owners are turned off by the idea of renting a forklift since they prefer to own, however the compromise comes with added ability to handle more work. No one likes to see the hit on the balance sheet that comes when you rent a forklift in Burbank but the other option, loss of credibility with major customers, is absolutely not an option. Short term forklift rental also offers the greatest level of versatility and can even work for 1 truck load if you are not working with ongoing shipments. You will find fees that range from $150 to $350 for a 7k lb forklift rental by the day and $150 - $500 for a 8,000 lb. lift by the day. An average warehouse forklift rental will usually start at about $100 per day in addition to delivery, while the heavy duty lifts can get up to around $400 or more. Most warehouses are definitely better off owning machines to manage costs more effectively, but short term options can allow you to manage the unexpected problems that accompany any company.
Buy a Used Forklift or Lease a New One?
In spite of all the technology that is currently at our fingertips it can still be tough to locate a great used forklift in Burbank. When your equipment will be used outdoors in the elements or for multiple hours daily then you will need to have a real workhorse. Your choices might be restricted by budget constraints but the cost of a used forklift truck will usually be cheaper. Many people in the material handling industry prefer to buy a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift since they are the biggest manufacturers. There are good budget options including Raymond, Yale forklifts, Nissan forklifts and Yale. Call around for the best price on a used forklift for sale by consulting industry professionals that regularly get rid of outdated lift trucks. The manufacturer is a large part of your selection when purchasing a used forklift in Burbank especially when you consider that most will often certify restored equipment. Toyota forklifts are well known for their great quality and great aftermarket support. It is clear that used forklifts don't have to be a gamble.
- If possible make an effort to stick to standard forklift size ranges of under 10,000 because they will give you greater selection compared to large capacity lifts.
- Will your insurance costs change based on whether you get a used forklift versus a brand new one? These guidelines usually adjust depending on your region.
- The rent, lease or buy question can only be answered by contacting a few forklift dealers in Burbank to determine what special solutions they offer.
- Any good equipment supplier is going to certify used forklifts in Burbank, and most will incorporate guarantees for around six months.
- Keeping your staff properly trained, qualified and OSHA certified is not just important for basic safety, it's a legal requirement.
- Does Burbank keep records of every time a used forklift changes hands which I need to maintain?
- Are you able to save money on delivery fees by picking up the lift directly from the dealer? If you own a delivery truck this might save you some money.
Let The Forklift Center help you with your complete equipment needs in Burbank. Quickly provide your details into the quote form and we get to work for you.