New & Used Forklifts in El Cajon, CA
Each and every day folks are looking for material handling solutions that improve productivity by utilizing forklifts in El Cajon. The majority of manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in El Cajon but you should still call around on The Forklift Center for the best rates. A challenge can arise when it is time to select between warehouse forklift types, especially when you may have diverse size/weight loads and space to work in. Based on the design of your facility you could need high reach lift trucks, electric forklifts for indoor use, order pickers, narrow aisle or a unique counterbalanced lift that stays agile while loaded for any stacking job. There are plenty of avenues for finding used forklifts for sale in El Cajon but you will often end up let down when you don't have a full grasp of your material handling needs. It is advisable to first determine the type of lift truck to suit your needs and here is a convenient guide:
- Diesel Forklifts- Heavy duty diesel forklifts are most often used at dockyards and ports to move huge cargo containers, these huge machines can lift just about anything.
- Propane Forklifts- New models of LPG forklifts mean that owners no longer have to sacrifice much power at all to get the environmentally friendly advantages.
- Electric Forklifts- The clear choice for indoor use because you don't have to worry about the noise or polluting consequences of other engine types.
- Internal Combustion Forklifts- Run on standard gasoline are still very common and make for quick refueling.
Take Care of Your Forklift With Regular Maintenance
Every piece of equipment your company owns needs continuous maintenance to operate smoothly and forklift repair in El Cajon is no different. Getting your lift trucks repaired and your product line in motion again is your most important job, so you will want to choose a dealer with on-site support and high quality forklift service specialists. Same day repair is offered in many areas as well but it will cost you. Just ask yourself what happens when the equipment stops operating and you will understand how vital it is to have a reputable resource for forklift repair in El Cajon. Regular maintenance agreements for forklift service are what every supervisor eventually comes to depend on after struggling with lift trucks failing several times. Forklift maintenance agreements can span from six months up to five years or more and will allow you to rest much easier.
- How many forklift repair men do they have?
- Does your dealership promise to arrive within a specified time frame from when I request support?
- How often are your repairmen unable to fix a forklift?
- For new customers, can the initial fees be deducted from the monthly maintenance charge?
- Can you repair all types of forklift or other warehouse machines?
- Ask for a handful of their best references who will attest to the quality of service they experienced.
- In the event that I commit to a lengthier term contract, will you cut me a great deal?
- Are there any added charges for evening or weekend service?
- Are there any equipment manufacturers that you don't work with?
- Can you fix my lift on or off site?
- How long is a forklift repair job guaranteed?
Purchase vs. Rental vs. Long Term Lease
Even for organizations that have large equipment fleets it can often make sense to get a forklift rental in El Cajon as soon as inventory is backed up. Retailers with many facilities rent forklifts regularly if they do not have a delivery vehicle to move the lift trucks back and forth. Lots of company owners are turned off by the concept of renting a forklift because they like to own, but the trade off comes with additional flexibility to deal with far more work. Accountants prefer to eliminate every short-term expense on the balance sheet and many times fail to realize what a big help this equipment can be in a pinch. Forklift rental rates vary widely from place to place and company to company and usually will not be listed on the internet. You can see fees that range from $150 to $350 for a 7k lb forklift rental by the day and $150 - $500 for a 8,000 lb. lift by the day. Weekly and monthly rental will save a lot from daily rates and generally cost $1,000 to $2,000 for any lift-truck rental under 8,000 pounds. Even though you may be hunting for this equipment due to an emergency or time constraints, you still have to take some time to contact a minimum of three companies and inquire about delivery fees, insurance or any other costs that could apply.
Purchase a Used Forklift or Lease a New One?
Buying a used forklift in El Cajon makes sense for the price sensitive warehouse owner. You have to ask around and talk to a couple of equipment dealers but there are so many solutions that making a decision can be like. The decision to buy a new versus used forklift truck is not one that you should take very lightly. If you actually rely on your equipment then you may want either a Toyota forklift, Caterpillar or Crown forklift, the very best selling brand names. There are great cheaper options including Raymond, Yale forklifts, Nissan forklifts and Yale. Your average big warehouse have used forklifts for sale when their fleet ages. The manufacturer is a large part of your selection when buying a used forklift in El Cajon particularly when you consider that several will usually certify restored machines. Toyota forklifts are respected for their superior quality and great aftermarket service. Provided that you go with a trusted brand your decision to buy a used forklift should be a good move.
- Does El Cajon make you register when you purchase a used forklift?
- Attempt to stick to standard forklift capacity ranges of under 8,000 pounds because they will provide far more options in comparison with large capacity lifts.
- Try to figure out how long you will need your forklift.
- Will your insurance charges adjust based on whether you buy a used forklift vs. a brand new one? These types of rules often change based on your region.
- With various solutions to pick from short & long term lease and rent to own it is vital that you contact more than 2 forklift dealers in El Cajon before you make a decision.
- Does the dealer charge a delivery fee? Nearly all companies charge a delivery fee and a pick up fee for rentals.
- Only purchase a used forklift in El Cajon from a dealer who has great references that you can authenticate.
- Always buy a forklift that is slightly larger than the capacity and lift level you initially need to make sure you do not outgrow it too fast.
- Make sure your staff has been properly trained and licensed according to OSHA specifications before you rent or buy a forklift.
It doesn't matter how big your organization is or how many locations you have you have, The Forklift Center is here to help you out. Give us a call or fill out the quote form and we will help you as soon as we can.