Long Beach Forklifts - New & Used
Don't you need one trustworthy company to provide forklifts in Long Beach and all of your material handling needs? It isn't hard to do a brief search online with The Forklift Center and find a forklift dealer in Long Beach, the complicated part is selecting a trustworthy one that will be there when you need them. A problem can arise when it is time to select between warehouse forklift models, especially when you may have various size/weight loads and space to operate in. Fortunately there is literally a forklift for every situation and many that can serve double and triple duty like reach-forklifts, stand up/rider combos, walkie stackers, side loaders, side loaders, electric forklifts, rider stackers, walkie tow-lifts, articulating, remote controlled and many more. No dealer has every brand of used forklift for sale in Long Beach so finding a provider and manufacturer will go hand in hand. Choosing your lift truck is often the initial step, choose from:
- Electric Forklift- Almost all warehouses depend on electric forklifts these days, though fuel cell lifts are getting to be more common.
- Gasoline Powered- The largest range of lifting capacities can be found in gasoline powered forklifts and they are the simplest to integrate into existing non-forklift equipment fleets.
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and eco-friendly option, effective and can be used inside manufacturing facilities, high reliability.
- Diesel Forklifts- Heavy duty diesel forklifts are usually utilized at marinas and ports to move large cargo containers, these huge machines can lift almost anything.
Equipment Neglect Can Cause Costly Forklift Repairs
Every piece of equipment your business owns requires regular maintenance to operate smoothly and forklift repair in Long Beach is no different. Unforeseen forklift service is an eventuality that every company will have to deal with sooner or later whether for a blown transmission or gasket leak. Four hour repair is offered in several metros as well but it can cost you. Keeping your equipment up to par will help you avoid emergencies and save cash over time, which makes forklift repair in Long Beach a high priority for warehouse managers. It is well known that when the equipment stops operating, employees are often caught waiting around for forklift service specialists and that hurts the bottom line. The bigger your company, the more essential it is to have forklift maintenance contracts that will guarantee you have no downtime with backup equipment prepared at a moment's notice.
- Does your dealership have enough forklift repair technicians to deal with several service calls at a time if my fleet starts to break down?
- Does your dealership promise to arrive within a particular length of time from when I request service?
- How much do most of your clients pay to have you fix a forklift?
- For new clients, can the upfront charges be deducted from the monthly maintenance charge?
- What other types of forklifts or material handling equipment can you maintain?
- Ask for a couple of their best references who can vouch for the level of service they received.
- Do you provide reduced prices for long term clients?
- What is the price range for emergency service and non business hours work?
- Are there any equipment manufacturers that you do not work with?
- Will I have to bring my equipment to your dealership or are you going to provide assistance at my business?
- How long is your forklift repair work guaranteed?
A Complete Guide to Renting a Forklift in Long Beach, CA
Even for businesses that have big equipment fleets it can often make sense to get a forklift rental in Long Beach when inventory is backed up. Distributors with many facilities rent forklifts when they have no means of transporting the equipment back and forth. Companies that rent forklifts in Long Beach can save the day by providing quick use of equipment without the problems that come with owning. Many warehouse managers simply don't sit back and run the numbers to fully determine what costs less. Short term forklift rental also gives the greatest degree of flexibility and can also work for a single truck load in case you are not handling ongoing shipments. As with every business expense forklift rental rates can change significantly depending on your timing and of course the time of year. Weekly and monthly rental will save you a lot from daily fees and generally cost $1,000 to $2,000 for any lift-truck rental below 10,000 lbs. Leasing an expensive machine also means that you will need to be fully covered by insurance.
The Case For Buying a Rebuilt Forklift
Purchasing a used forklift in Long Beach makes sense for the cost conscious warehouse manager. If your lift will be utilized outdoors in the elements or for multiple hours daily then you will require a real workhorse. Perhaps you are simply searching for the cheapest price for a used forklift truck that will only be utilized sparingly. Many people in the material handling industry prefer to buy a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift since they are the biggest brands. Additional manufacturers worth noting are Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. Comparing prices on used forklifts for sale can be not an exact science as every lift is different. Regardless of who you choose for your used forklift in Long Beach ensure you buy extensive and top quality warranties. For example when a Toyota forklift is reconditioned then it can truly end up like new, and a lot of dealers may provide warranties. As long as you go with a trusted brand your decision to buy a used forklift should be an excellent move.
- Attempt to only buy standard forklift capacity ranges of under 8,000 pounds since they will give you far more options compared to large capacity lifts.
- Will your insurance fees change based on whether you get a used forklift vs. a brand new one? These kinds of rules often change depending on your region.
- The rent, lease or buy question can only be resolved by calling a couple of forklift dealers in Long Beach to see what special solutions they give.
- Any decent equipment dealer will certify used forklifts in Long Beach, and many will incorporate warranties for about six months.
- Make sure your team has been adequately trained and licensed in accordance with OSHA standards before you rent or purchase a forklift.
- Will Long Beach make you register when you get a used forklift?
- Can you set up costs by picking up the equipment directly from the dealer? If you have a flatbed this can save you some money.
Let The Forklift Center assist you with your entire equipment needs in Long Beach. Give us a call or fill in the quote form and we will help you ASAP.