New & Used Forklifts in San Jose, CA
Do you need one trusted company to provide forklifts in San Jose and all of your current material handling needs? Almost all manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in San Jose but you still need to call around on The Forklift Center for the best rates. It is no secret that nearly every supplier relies upon warehouse forklifts to keep their businesses bustling. Luckily there is literally a forklift for every situation and several that can serve double and triple duty like reach-forklifts, stand up/rider combos, walkie stackers, side loaders, side loaders, electric forklifts, rider stackers, walkie tow-lifts, articulating, remote controlled and many more. There are tons of ways to buy used forklifts for sale in San Jose but you will always be let down when you don't have a solid understanding of your material handling needs. Choosing your lift truck is often the initial step, choose from:
- LPG Forklifts- Liquid propane gas lift trucks are perfect for indoor use where you have to be concerned about air quality and noise.
- Gasoline Forklifts- Perfect for outdoor usage only (strongly recommended), offer strong power to weight ratio and are extremely reliable.
- Diesel Forklift Trucks- Extremely durable and very high power, utilized for high capacity forklifts.
- Electric Forklifts- The obvious choice for indoor use as you don't have to worry about the noise or polluting effects of other engine types.
Equipment Neglect Can Cause Costly Forklift Repairs
The reality is equipment obviously stops working, and when you need forklift repair in San Jose, time is money. Unexpected forklift service is an eventuality that every company must deal with at some time whether for a leaking radiator or gasket leak. Many companies can easily claim fast support but when they overextend themselves then you can lose money by having idle inventory. Just consider what happens once the equipment stops functioning and you will realize how essential it is to find a reputable resource for forklift repair in San Jose. Routine forklift service is tremendously cost-effective especially when juxtaposed with the initial investment for new or replacement equipment, so don't skimp. The larger your company, the more essential it is to have forklift maintenance agreements that will assure you have no downtime with back up machines prepared at a moment's notice.
- Does your dealership an have adequate number of forklift repair technicians to deal with multiple service calls at a time if my fleet starts to fail?
- What would be the average response time on a repair call?
- How much do your average customers pay to have you fix a forklift?
- If I set up a a ongoing maintenance program, do you deduct the service fees of the initial repair from my contract?
- Contact one or two references of their large customers because they're the ones who use it the most.
- Will you fix my lift off or on site?
- Will you lower your fees if I agree to do business exclusively with your dealership?
- What is the cost range for emergency service and non business hours work?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment are you able to fix?
- Does the dealer work with multiple manufacturer lines of equipment?
- What if I notice that soon after the forklift repair work is complete the machine is still not functioning properly, how soon do I need to notify you?
The Total Guide to Renting a Forklift in San Jose, CA
A forklift rental in San Jose is the easiest approach to quickly handle new inventory deliveries. Sometimes equipment will stop working right when a major delivery comes or you recently got a new major client requiring you to rent forklifts for just a few days. Lots of businesses are turned off by the thought of renting a forklift since they prefer to own, however the trade off includes added flexibility to handle more work. Nobody likes to see the hit on the bottom line that comes when you rent a forklift in San Jose however the alternative, loss of credibility with major customers, is simply not an option. Forklift rental prices vary widely from place to place and business to business and most will not be posted on the internet. Forklift rental rates in San Jose will change by the day, week, month and sometimes even by the hour. Weekly and monthly rental will save you a lot from daily fees and generally cost $1,000 to $2,000 for any lift-truck rental under 8,000 lbs. Most warehouses are obviously more efficient by having machines to keep a lid on expenses more effectively, but temporary options can allow you to handle the unforeseen problems that accompany any enterprise.
New or Used Forklifts, When Does It Make More Sense?
Depending on your area, organization size and type of inventory you will be moving there is a lot to take into account when you buy a new or used forklift in San Jose. Prior to buying any warehouse equipment do your homework online. The decision to buy a new as opposed to a used forklift truck is not one that you should take very casually. Many companies who handle various pieces of machines and locations rely upon leading names such as Toyota forklifts, Crown Lift Trucks and Caterpillar forklifts. Other manufacturers you want to consider will be Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. A typical sizable distributor will have used forklifts for sale when their fleet ages. No matter who you select for your used forklift in San Jose remember to buy extensive and high quality warranties. As an example when a Toyota forklift is restored then it can absolutely end up like new, and many dealers may provide performance guarantees. As long as you buy from a reliable name your decision to buy a used forklift will likely be a good move.
- If possible make an effort to only buy standard forklift size ranges of below 10,000 since they will give you much more options compared to large capacity lifts.
- Make an effort to figure out the length of time you will need your forklift.
- It is also smart to check with your insurance company about whether insurance fees are going to be affected more by a new or used forklift purchase on the books.
- With various solutions to choose from hourly & long term lease and rent to own it is crucial that you contact at least 3 forklift dealers in San Jose before making a decision.
- Any good equipment supplier is going to certify used forklifts in San Jose, and many will incorporate warranties for about half a year.
- Only buy a forklift that is a little bigger than the capacity and lift level you initially need to make sure you will not outgrow it too fast.
- Keeping your lift operators completely educated and OSHA accredited isn't just important for safety, it's a legal requirement.
- Will San Jose charge a registration fee when you purchase a used forklift?
- Avoid unexpected charges by checking for delivery fees, part replacement charges and abnormal billing cycles that may trip you up.
Let The Forklift Center help you with all of your equipment needs in San Jose. Simply provide your information into the quote form and we get to work for you.