Whittier Forklifts - New & Used
Are you looking for one trusted company to supply forklifts in Whittier and all of your material handling needs? The majority of manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in Whittier but you still need to call around on The Forklift Center to get the best price ranges. Warehouse forklift owners have integrated equipment into the very layout of their production sites. It may be tough to find a forklift dealer who can handle the vast number of equipment sizes and both internal combustion and electric forklift engine types that can make the head spin. There are a lot of ways to get used forklifts for sale in Whittier but you will often end up disappointed if you don't have a solid understanding of the type of lift you need. It is recommended to first choose the type of lift truck to meet your needs and here is a convenient guide:
- Gasoline Powered- The biggest range of lifting capacities can be found in traditional gas forklifts and they are the easiest to integrate into existing non-forklift equipment fleets.
- LPG Forklifts- Liquid propane gas lift trucks are perfect for indoor use where you have to be concerned about quality of air and noise.
- Electric Forklift- When it comes to keeping the workplace healthy, clean, and quiet nothing can beat the electric forklift.
- Diesel Forklifts- Huge diesel forklifts are mostly limited to diesel fuel and come with a wide variety of accessories that enable lifting of just about any kind of material up to 100,000 lbs.
Warehouse Equipment Repairs Should be Simple in Whittier, CA
Truth be told, quick response time is the most critical factor for you to find when you need forklift repair in Whittier. Unanticipated forklift service is a situation that every business will have to deal with at some point whether for a leaking radiator or electrical malfunction. A lot of companies can easily promise fast service but when they overextend themselves then you can generate losses with idle inventory. Just ask yourself what happens once the equipment stops functioning and you will fully grasp how crucial it is to have a reliable resource for forklift repair in Whittier. It is well known that whenever the equipment stops running, employees are often caught waiting for forklift service specialists and that hurts the bottom line. Forklift maintenance contracts can run from half a year up to three years or more and will help you rest much easier.
- Does your dealership have sufficient forklift repair technicians to take care of several jobs at a time if my fleet starts to fail?
- How long should it take from when I make a call until the service van arrives?
- What is the standard cost to fix a forklift larger than 10,000 pounds?
- If I set up a a maintenance program, can you deduct the charges of the initial repair from my contract?
- Call one or two references of their large customers because they are the ones who use it the most.
- Will you repair my lift off or on site?
- When I commit to an extended term contract, are you going to cut me a great deal?
- Do you offer support on holidays or do last minute priority service?
- Can you repair all types of forklift or other warehouse equipment?
- Are there any lines of equipment that you do not work with?
- What if I find that soon after the forklift repair work is finished the machine is still not functioning correctly, how soon do I need to inform you?
When Is It Time to Rent a Forklift
Even for corporations with large equipment fleets it can often pay to find a forklift rental in Whittier as soon as times get tough. Perhaps you rent forklifts seasonally for larger short-term jobs or cannot afford a purchase. No matter what the scenario may be you need to be sure you do a comparison of the cost of forklift rental in Whittier to the cost of ownership over the long run. A lot of warehouse managers simply do not sit back and do the math to fully determine what costs less. Forklift rental prices vary widely from area to area and one company to another and usually will not be listed on the internet. Just like any business expense forklift rental prices can change significantly depending on your timing and not to mention seasonality. Most businesses who rent lift trucks do not provide an operator so it is vital to have a worker qualified. Even though you might be looking for this equipment because of an emergency or time constraints, you still need to take some time to consult a minimum of two companies and inquire about delivery fees, insurance or any other costs that may apply.
New or Used Forklifts, How To Choose?
Purchasing a used forklift in Whittier is a great idea for the cost sensitive facility owner. Prior to buying any warehouse equipment do your research on the Internet. The choice to purchase a new versus used forklift truck is not one that you should take very casually. Most people in the material handling industry opt to purchase a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift since they are the largest names. Additional manufacturers you want to consider are Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. Comparing prices on used forklifts for sale is difficult as every lift has its own history. No matter who you pick for your used forklift in Whittier be sure to get extended and high quality warranties. The majority of material handling publications advise buying Toyota forklifts for their unrivaled service after the purchase. As long as you buy from a reliable brand your decision to purchase a used forklift should be a great move.
- Decide whether you are going to need a standard capacity forklift truck (3,000 to 5000 lbs. ) or a larger capacity lift over 12,000 pounds
- It is also smart to check with your insurance company about whether insurance fees will be affected more by a new or used forklift purchase on the balance sheet.
- With many alternatives to pick from short & long term lease and rent to own it is vital that you speak to more than two forklift dealers in Whittier before making a decision.
- Any decent equipment dealer will certify used forklifts in Whittier, and the majority will also offer guarantees for around one year.
- Make sure your crew has been adequately trained and licensed in accordance with OSHA standards before you rent or purchase a forklift.
- If you invest in a used forklift are there any special bills for registering in Whittier?
- Avoid getting caught off guard by unexpected charges and watch out for delivery fees, part replacement fees and abnormal billing cycles that can trip you up.
Let The Forklift Center assist you with your complete equipment needs in Whittier. Simply type in your info into the quote form and we get the job done for you.