Forklifts in Atlanta, GA
Day after day people are looking for material handling solutions that improve productivity with the help of forklifts in Atlanta. It isn't tough to do a brief online search with The Forklift Center and find a forklift dealer in Atlanta, the hard part is selecting a reputable one that will be there when you need them. Warehouse forklift operators have incorporated equipment into the very layout of their facilities. Depending on the design of your facility you might need high-reach fork lifts, electric forklifts for indoor use, order pickers, narrow aisle or a unique counterbalanced lift that can articulate while loaded for any stacking task. Begin searching for a used forklift for sale in Atlanta online but in the end you should speak with an industry expert. It is advisable to first decide the type of lift truck to suit your needs and here is an easy guide:
- Diesel Forklifts- Heavy duty diesel forklifts are most often used at dockyards and ports to move large cargo containers, these large machines can lift almost anything.
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and environmentally friendly choice, efficient and can be utilized inside warehouses, high reliability.
- Electric Forklifts- The obvious choice for indoor use as you don't have to worry about the noise or polluting consequences of other engine types.
- Internal Combustion Forklifts- Are powered by standard gasoline are still very common and make for quick refueling.
Warehouse Equipment Repairs Should be Simple in Atlanta, GA
Every piece of equipment your company operates requires regular maintenance to function efficiently and forklift repair in Atlanta is no different. Unanticipated forklift service is a situation that every company will have to deal with sooner or later whether for a leaking radiator or electrical malfunction. A lot of companies can easily promise fast support but when they overextend themselves then you can lose money by having idle inventory. Simply think about what happens when the equipment stops operating and you will comprehend how vital it is to find a dependable resource for forklift repair in Atlanta. Regular maintenance contracts for forklift service are what every supervisor eventually comes to rely on after struggling with lift trucks breaking down multiple times. Forklift maintenance agreements can span from 3 months up to 7 years or more and will help you rest much easier.
- Does the dealer have more than one forklift repair technicians available?
- How long does it take from the time I make a call until the service van shows up?
- What would be the standard charge to fix a forklift over 8,000 lbs?
- For new clients, could the initial charges be deducted from the monthly maintenance charge?
- Request for a handful of their best references who will vouch for the quality of service they received.
- Will I have to deliver my machines to you or can you provide assistance at my business?
- Do you provide discounts for repeat clients?
- Do you offer service on holidays or do emergency priority service?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment can you maintain?
- Are there any equipment manufacturers that you don't repair?
- If I find that after the forklift repair job is complete the lift is still not operating correctly, how long do I have to tell you?
Purchase vs. Rental vs. Long Term Lease
Even for companies with large equipment fleets it can sometimes make sense to find a forklift rental in Atlanta as soon as times get tough. Maybe you rent forklifts seasonally for larger short-term projects or can't afford an investment in new equipment. Many company owners are turned off by the idea of renting a forklift since they like to own, but the compromise comes with added ability to additional work. Accountants like to get rid of every temporary expenditure on the balance sheet and many times neglect to realize what a big help this equipment can be in a pinch. Forklift rental prices vary widely from area to area and business to business and usually will not be listed on their websites. You will find fees that range between $100 - $300 for a 7k lb forklift rental by the day and $200 to $450 for a 10,000 pound lift by the day. Weekly and monthly rental will save a lot from daily rates and generally cost $800 - $1,800 for any lift-truck rental below 10,000 lbs. Even though you may be looking for this equipment because of an emergency or time constraints, you still need to take time to consult at least two companies and inquire about delivery fees, insurance or any other costs that may apply.
How To Find Equipment For Any Warehouse Task
Buying a used forklift in Atlanta is smart for the price sensitive warehouse owner. Prior to buying any warehouse equipment do your research on the web. Perhaps you are simply looking for the least expensive price for a used forklift truck that will only be utilized sparingly. If you really count on your machines then you will prefer either a Toyota forklift, Caterpillar or Crown forklift, the top selling brands. Other manufacturers worth noting will be Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. Call around for the lowest rates on a used forklift for sale by consulting industry experts who regularly replace outdated lift trucks. Buying a used forklift in Atlanta makes your decision on which manufacturer to go with all the more crucial. Toyota forklifts are recognized for their great quality and excellent aftermarket support. Brand name manufacturer support can actually ensure purchasing used forklifts more appealing.
- Determine what capacity of forklift truck you will need for the job, typically from 4,000lb all the way up to 100,000lb
- Make an effort to figure out the length of time you will require your forklift.
- It is also recommended that you talk with your insurance company about whether insurance fees are going to be affected more by a new or used forklift purchase on the books.
- With several solutions to select from hourly & long term lease and rent to own it is crucial that you call at least two forklift dealers in Atlanta before you make a decision.
- Only buy a used forklift in Atlanta from a dealer who has great references that you can verify.
- If you want to buy a forklift and it is your first time, ensure that you get a somewhat larger capacity lift truck than you initially estimate just to be safe.
- Make sure your team has been thoroughly trained and licensed according to OSHA specifications before you rent or buy a forklift.
- Does Atlanta make you register when you get a used forklift?
- Will the dealer charge a delivery fee? The majority of companies charge a delivery fee and also a pick up fee for rentals.
Let The Forklift Center assist you with your whole equipment needs in Atlanta. Pick up a phone and get moving today.