East Point Forklifts - New & Used
Are you looking for one dependable company to supply forklifts in East Point and all of your material handling needs? The majority of manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in East Point but you still need to call around on The Forklift Center for the best rates. Warehouse forklift operators have incorporated equipment into the very blueprint of their production sites. It may be hard to find a forklift dealer that supports the vast number of machine sizes and both internal combustion and electric forklift engine types that can make the head spin. There are tons of ways to find used forklifts for sale in East Point but you will usually be let down if you don't have a solid understanding of the type of equipment you need. To choose the lift truck that will help you accomplish your goals start with:
- Diesel Forklifts- Huge diesel forklifts are mainly limited to diesel fuel and come with a variety of attachments that allow lifting of just about any material as much as one hundred thousand pounds.
- Propane Forklifts- Newer models of LPG forklifts mean that owners no longer have to sacrifice much power at all to get the environmentally friendly advantages.
- Electric Forklift- Nearly all manufacturing facilities rely on electric forklifts nowadays, though fuel cell lifts are becoming more common.
- Gasoline Forklifts- Most suitable for outdoor usage only (strongly recommended), provide strong power to weight ratio and are extremely reliable.
When Is It Time to Rent a Forklift
When your distribution facility has major fluctuations in deliveries often times your only option is to utilize forklift rental in East Point. You might rent forklifts seasonally for bigger short-term jobs or can't afford an investment in new equipment. Many businesses are turned off by the thought of renting a forklift as they prefer to own, but the trade off includes added flexibility to manage far more work. No one wants to see the hit on the balance sheet that comes when you rent a forklift in East Point but the alternative, loss of credibility with big clients, is simply not an option. This is the reason many equipment producers focus on reliability and durability in their machines because it is less likely to put you in a bind. Just like any business expense forklift rental prices can fluctuate significantly based on your timing and not to mention the time of year. A standard factory forklift rental will often begin at approximately $100 per day plus delivery, while the large capacity lifts can cost roughly four hundred or more. Renting a pricey machine also means that you will need to be fully covered by insurance.
How To Find a Certified Used Forklift
Getting a used forklift in East Point makes sense for the price sensitive warehouse manager. If your equipment will be utilized outdoors in the elements or for long stretches each day then you will need to have a real workhorse. Perhaps you are just searching for the least expensive price on a used forklift truck that will just be utilized sparingly. A lot of people in the material handling industry opt to buy a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift since they are the leading manufacturers. There are actually decent budget options like Raymond, Yale forklifts, Nissan forklifts and Yale. Trying to compare prices on used forklifts for sale is difficult when every lift is different. Buying a used forklift in East Point makes your decision on which manufacturer to go with all the more significant. Most material handling magazines advise buying Toyota forklifts for their unrivaled service following the purchase. Brand name manufacturer support can really ensure buying used forklifts more attractive.
- Determine what capacity of forklift truck you will need for the job, most often from 5,000 pound to 20,000 pound
- Find out how many total time the forklift will be required and daily hours versus total days.
- Will your insurance fees adjust depending on whether you buy a used forklift vs. a brand new one? These kinds of rules typically change depending on your region.
- Call a minimum of 3 forklift dealers in East Point so you can compare their daily, monthly, & extended lease options.
- Any decent equipment supplier is going to certify used forklifts in East Point, and most will incorporate warranties for a minimum of 3 months.
- It is difficult to anticipate all of the tasks your lift will be used for so it is preferable to buy a forklift a little bit larger than you think you will need at first.
- Any great equipment dealer will be able to train your workers to be safe and up to OSHA government criteria.
- Does East Point record anytime a used forklift is sold which you need to keep updated?
- Will the dealer apply a delivery fee? The majority of dealers charge a delivery fee and also a pick up fee for rentals.
Take Care of Your Forklift With Regular Maintenance
Every piece of equipment your company owns needs continuous maintenance in order to operate efficiently and forklift repair in East Point is no different. Unforeseen forklift service is a situation that every company must face at some point whether for a leaking radiator or electrical malfunction. Look for an established company who values making sure your lift is fixed completely every time. You can often find round-the-clock forklift repair in East Point but it can help when you have a routine maintenance agreement that gives you priority. It is well known that whenever the equipment stops running, employees are often caught waiting around for forklift service professionals and that hurts the bottom line. The larger your business, the more essential it is to set up forklift maintenance agreements that will guarantee you have no downtime with back up equipment prepared at a moment's notice.
- How many forklift repair technicians are on their team?
- What would be the standard charge to fix a forklift larger than 8,000 lbs?
- What kind of nominal fee do you charge for routine service calls if I utilize the repairs and maintenance program?
- Does the dealer have multiple forklift repair technicians available?
- Does your dealership guarantee to arrive within a particular length of time from when I call for support?
- What would be the typical cost to fix a forklift under 10,000 pounds?
- When I sign up for a maintenance program, subtract the service fees of the initial repair from my contract?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment are you able to fix?
- Contact a couple of references of their large clients because they are the ones who use it the most.
- Do you offer discounts for repeat customers?
- Are there added fees for night time or weekend assistance?
- Are there any lines of equipment that you don't repair?
- Will I have to deliver my machines to you or will you provide assistance at my business?
- Do you provide any sort of free support for a certain period after the forklift repair is completed?
The Forklift Center has the ability to assist you to allocate all types of warehouse and construction equipment. Give us a call or fill in the quote form and we will respond as soon as we can.