Chicago Forklifts - New & Used
Are you looking for one trustworthy company to provide forklifts in Chicago and all of your material handling needs? Almost all manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in Chicago but you should still call around on The Forklift Center to get the best price ranges. It is no secret that nearly every supplier relies upon warehouse forklifts to keep their businesses humming. Depending on the design of your facility you may require high reach lift trucks, electric forklifts for indoor use, order pickers, narrow aisle or a special counterbalanced lift that stays agile while loaded for any stacking job. There are a lot of avenues for getting used forklifts for sale in Chicago but you will often end up let down when you don't completely understand the type of lift you need. To pick the lift truck that will help you accomplish your goals start with:
- Internal Combustion Forklifts- Operate on standard gasoline are still very common and make for quick refueling.
- LPG Forklifts- Liquid propane gas lift trucks are ideal for indoor use where you need to be concerned with quality of air and noise.
- Electric Forklift- When it comes to trying to keep the workplace healthy, clean, and quiet nothing beats the electric forklift.
- Diesel Forklifts- Heavy duty diesel forklifts are generally utilized at docks and ports to move huge cargo containers, these huge machines can lift almost anything.
Warehouse Equipment Repairs Made Easy in Chicago, IL
Believe it or not, rapid response time is actually the most crucial thing for you to find when you need forklift repair in Chicago. Getting your lift trucks fixed and your product line bustling again is your number one priority, so you will want to choose a dealer with on-site service and high quality forklift service technicians. Same day repair is offered in many areas as well but it will cost you. Just ask yourself what happens once the equipment stops functioning and you will fully grasp how important it is to have a reliable resource for forklift repair in Chicago. Routine forklift service is unbelievably affordable especially when compared to the initial investment for brand new or replacement equipment, so don't pinch pennies. The bigger your company, the more essential it is to have forklift maintenance contracts that will guarantee you have no downtime with back up machines prepared at a moment's notice.
- Does your dealership have sufficient forklift repair technicians to manage several service calls at a time if my fleet starts to break down?
- How long will it take from the time I call until the service van shows up?
- What do most of your clients pay when you fix a forklift?
- What kind of nominal fee do you charge for normal service calls if I buy the monthly maintenance program?
- Request for a few of their best references who can attest to the level of service they received.
- Will I have to bring my own machines to you or will you provide assistance at my business?
- Do you offer special deals for long term clients?
- What is the price range for emergency support and non business hours work?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment can you maintain?
- Does the company work with multiple manufacturer lines of equipment?
- Do you provide any kind of free support for a particular time period after the forklift repair is done?
Purchase vs. Rental vs. Long Term Lease
A forklift rental in Chicago is the least complicated method to quickly take care of new inventory deliveries. You probably rent forklifts seasonally for bigger temporary projects or cannot afford an investment in new equipment. No matter what the scenario is you want to make sure you do a comparison of the rates for forklift rental in Chicago to the price of owning over the long run. A lot of warehouse managers simply fail to sit down and run the numbers to really find out what costs less. That is why many equipment suppliers highlight reliability and durability in their products since it is less likely to break down on you. You can see rates that range from $150 to $350 for a 5,000 pound forklift rental by the day and $200 to $450 for a 8,000 lb. lift by the day. Weekly and monthly rental will save quite a bit from daily rates and generally cost $1,000 to $2,000 for any lift-truck rental below 10,000 lbs. Renting a pricey machine also means that you will need to be fully insured.
Finding Equipment For Any Material Handling Job
In spite of the new technology that is currently at our fingertips it can still be tough to locate a high quality used forklift in Chicago. Prior to buying any warehouse equipment do your research online. Your choices might be limited by financial constraints however the price of a used forklift truck will always be less. Most people in the material handling industry would rather purchase a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift since they are the biggest brands. In case you only utilize your lift truck a few hours monthly you can get away using a Yale forklift, Nissan lift truck or a Hyster or Raymond. By calling around you can get the lowest rates on a used forklift for sale by talking to industry professionals that regularly replace outdated machines. The manufacturer is a large component of your selection when buying a used forklift in Chicago particularly if you consider that most will usually certify refurbished machines. Toyota forklifts are respected for their great quality and great aftermarket support. Brand name manufacturer support can actually ensure purchasing used forklifts more attractive.
- Determine whether you are going to need a standard capacity forklift truck 4,000 pounds to 6,000 pounds or a larger capacity lift over 20,000 lbs. 10,000 lb.
- Try to determine how long you will need your forklift.
- A lot of people don't know it but insurance costs can change depending on buying a used forklift especially if it is a very old lift with outdated components.
- Call no less than two forklift dealers in Chicago in order to check their hourly, monthly, & long term lease rates.
- Every great equipment dealer will certify used forklifts in Chicago, and most will also offer guarantees for a minimum of three months.
- Only buy a forklift that slightly surpasses the capacity and lift level you presently need so you will not outgrow it too fast.
- Make sure your team has been properly trained and certified according to OSHA specifications before you rent or buy a forklift.
- Will Chicago keep records of every time a used forklift changes hands which you need to maintain?
- Will the dealer apply a delivery fee? Most dealers charge a delivery fee and a pick up fee for rentals.
The Forklift Center has the capacity to assist you to allocate all types of factory and construction equipment. Just enter your details into the quote form and we get moving for you.