New & Used Forklifts in Cedar Falls, IA
Just look in any manufacturing facility or down any alley and it is easy to see that companies rely on forklifts in Cedar Falls. Almost all manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in Cedar Falls but you should still call around on The Forklift Center to get the best price ranges. It is no secret that nearly every supplier relies on warehouse forklifts to keep their businesses bustling. It can be tough to find a forklift dealer that can handle the large number of equipment sizes and both internal combustion and electric forklift engine types that can make the head spin. No dealer has every brand of used forklift for sale in Cedar Falls so finding a manufacturer and dealer often go hand in hand. It is best to first figure out the type of lift truck to meet your needs and here is a convenient guide:
- Electric Forklift- In terms of trying to keep the work environment healthy, clean, and low noise nothing can beat the electric forklift.
- Gasoline Forklifts- Great for outdoor usage only (strongly recommended), offer effective weight to power output ratio and are very dependable.
- LPG Forklifts- Liquid propane gas lift trucks are great for indoor use where you have to be concerned with air quality and noise.
- Diesel Forklifts- Huge diesel forklifts are mostly limited to diesel fuel and come with a wide variety of accessories that allow lifting of virtually any material as much as 100,000 lbs.
New or Used Forklifts, How To Choose?
In spite of the new technology that is currently at our disposal it can still be difficult to discover a great used forklift in Cedar Falls. When your lift will be utilized outdoors in the elements or for long stretches each day then you will need to have a real workhorse. Your options may be limited by financial constraints but the price of a used forklift truck often be lower. Most people in the material handling industry choose to purchase a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift since they are the leading brands. In cases where you only use your lift truck a few hours per month you can get away having a Yale forklift, Nissan lift truck or even a Hyster or Raymond. Trying to compare prices on used forklifts for sale is hard because every lift has its own history. Buying a used forklift in Cedar Falls makes your decision on which manufacturer to select all the more important. Toyota forklifts are respected for their great quality and excellent aftermarket support. Brand name manufacturer support can actually ensure purchasing used forklifts more appealing.
- Figure out whether you will need a standard capacity forklift truck 4,000 pounds to 6,000 pounds or a larger capacity lift over 20,000 lbs. 10,000 lb.
- Identify the amount of total time the forklift will likely be needed and daily hours versus total days.
- Will your insurance fees adjust based on whether you buy a used forklift versus a new one? These rules often adjust depending on your city.
- Speak to at least two forklift dealers in Cedar Falls in order to evaluate their short term, monthly, & long term lease options.
- Every good equipment dealer is going to certify used forklifts in Cedar Falls, and most will also offer guarantees for a minimum of 1 year.
- It is difficult to forecast all of the things your lift will be utilized for so we recommend you buy a forklift slightly larger than you think you initially need.
- Every decent equipment dealer will be able to teach your employees to be safe and up to OSHA government standards.
- Does Cedar Falls record every time a used forklift changes hands which you need to keep up to date?
- Avoid getting sideswiped by unexpected fees and watch out for transport fees
Extend the Life of Your Forklift With Regular Maintenance
Truth be told, fast response time is the most critical factor for you to find when you need forklift repair in Cedar Falls. Unexpected forklift service is an eventuality that every company will have to face sooner or later whether for a leaking radiator or engine failure. Many companies can promise quick support but when they overextend themselves then you can generate losses with idle inventory. You can often find round-the-clock forklift repair in Cedar Falls but it can help when you have a routine maintenance agreement which gives you priority. Regular forklift service is surprisingly inexpensive particularly when compared to the initial investment for new or replacement equipment, so don't skimp. Forklift maintenance agreements can run from 3 months to as much as five years or more and will allow you to rest much easier.
- How much do most of your customers pay to have you fix a forklift?
- When I sign up for a maintenance program, subtract the service fees of the initial repair from my contract?
- Ask for a few of their best references who will attest to the level of service they received.
- Can you repair my lift off or on site?
- How long should it take from when I call to when the service van shows up?
- Can you reduce your fees when I agree to work with only your dealership?
- Can you fix all types of forklift or other warehouse equipment?
- Are there any equipment manufacturers that you do not work with?
- Does the dealer have multiple forklift repair technicians on duty?
- How long is a forklift repair job guaranteed?
- Do you offer support on holidays or do last minute priority service?
When Is It Time to Rent a Forklift
Even for corporations with big equipment fleets it can sometimes make sense to find a forklift rental in Cedar Falls as soon as inventory is backed up. Maybe you rent forklifts seasonally for bigger temporary jobs or can't afford an investment in new equipment. Many company owners are turned off by the idea of renting a forklift because they like to own, but the trade off includes added flexibility to manage additional work. Bookkeepers prefer to get rid of every short-term expenditure on the balance sheet and many times neglect to recognize what a big help this equipment can be when you need it. This is why the majority of equipment producers emphasize reliability and toughness in their products since it is less likely to break down on you. Just like any business expense forklift rental prices can fluctuate significantly based on your timing and of course seasonality. Most corporations who rent lift trucks are not going to supply an operator so it is imperative to have a worker educated. Even though you may be searching for this equipment as a result of an emergency or time constraints, you still need to take the time to contact a minimum of three dealers and ask about delivery fees, insurance or any other fees that could apply.
No matter how big your business is or how many areas you serve you have, The Forklift Center is here to help you out. Quickly provide your info into the quote form and we get to work for you.