New & Used Forklifts in Cedar Rapids, IA
Just look in any warehouse or down any alley and it is easy to notice that companies depend on forklifts in Cedar Rapids. It isn't difficult to do a quick search online with The Forklift Center and find a forklift dealer in Cedar Rapids, the complicated part is choosing a trustworthy one that will be there when you need them. Warehouse forklift operators have integrated equipment into the very layout of their facilities. Depending on the design of your facility you could need high-reach fork lifts, electric forklifts for indoor use, order pickers, narrow aisle or a unique counterbalanced lift that can articulate while loaded for any stacking job. There are tons of ways to get used forklifts for sale in Cedar Rapids but you will usually be let down when you don't completely understand your material handling needs. Selecting your lift truck is often the initial step, select from:
- Propane Forklifts- New models of LPG forklifts mean that owners no longer need to sacrifice much power at all to obtain the environmentally friendly advantages.
- Gasoline Forklifts- Most suitable for outdoor use only (highly recommended), provide strong weight to power output ratio and are really dependable.
- Diesel Forklifts- Large diesel forklifts are generally limited to diesel fuel and come with a selection of attachments which allow lifting of just about any kind of material up to 100,000 lbs.
- Electric Forklift- In terms of trying to keep the workplace healthy, clean, and quiet nothing can beat the electric forklift.
Material Handling Repairs Made Easy in Cedar Rapids, IA
Believe it or not, quick response time is actually the most critical factor for you to find when you need forklift repair in Cedar Rapids. From 3, 2, and often one hour forklift service calls you will need to find a dealer with highly qualified technicians and several service vans. Same day repair is available in several metros as well but it can cost you. Keeping your equipment up to par will help you avoid emergencies and save money in the long run, which makes forklift repair in Cedar Rapids a leading priority for warehouse managers. It is well known that whenever the machine stops operating, staff members are often stuck waiting for forklift service specialists and that hurts the bottom line. The larger your business, the more essential it is to have forklift maintenance contracts that will guarantee you have no downtime with back up equipment ready to go at a moment's notice.
- What do most of your customers pay to have you fix a forklift?
- What type of nominal fee will you charge for normal service calls when I buy the monthly maintenance program?
- Request for a handful of their best references who will vouch for the level of service they experienced.
- Can you repair my lift on or off site?
- What is the typical response time on a repair call?
- Do you offer discounts for long-term customers?
- Can you fix all types of forklift or other warehouse equipment?
- Can your dealership manage several manufacturer product lines?
- How many forklift repair technicians do they have?
- If I notice that after the forklift repair job is complete the equipment is still not functioning properly, how long do I have to tell you?
- Are there added charges for night time or weekend assistance?
A Complete Guide to Forklift Rental in Cedar Rapids, IA
Even for businesses that have large equipment fleets it can sometimes pay to get a forklift rental in Cedar Rapids when inventory is backed up. Retailers with many locations rent forklifts regularly if they do not have a delivery vehicle to move the machinery back and forth. Businesses that rent forklifts in Cedar Rapids can save the day by supplying fast access to equipment without the problems that come with owning. Bookkeepers like to get rid of any and all short-term expenditure on the balance sheet and many times neglect to recognize what a big help this equipment can be in a pinch. Short term forklift rental also offers the highest degree of flexibility and can even work for just one truck load if you are not handling ongoing shipments. As with any business expense forklift rental prices can vary dramatically depending on your timing and not to mention the time of year. Weekly and monthly rental will save quite a lot from daily rates and generally cost $800 - $1,800 for any lift-truck rental below 10,000 lbs. Renting a pricey piece of equipment also means that you will need to be properly insured.
Purchase a Used Forklift or Lease a New One?
Getting a used forklift in Cedar Rapids is smart for the price conscious facility operator. When your lift will be utilized outdoors in the elements or for multiple hours daily then you will need to have a real workhorse. Your options might be limited by financial constraints but the price of a used forklift truck will usually be lower. Most companies who handle multiple pieces of equipment and facilities rely upon leading names such as Toyota forklifts, CAT lift trucks (Caterpillar), and Crown lift trucks. When you only use your lift truck a couple of hours per month you can get away with a Yale forklift, Nissan lift truck or even a Hyster or Raymond. Comparing prices on used forklifts for sale is never easy because every machine is different. Buying a used forklift in Cedar Rapids makes your decision on which manufacturer to choose all the more essential. Toyota forklifts are respected for their superior quality and great aftermarket support. The bottom line is that used forklifts do not need to be considered a risk.
- Figure out what capacity of forklift truck you will require for the job, normally from 2,500 lbs. to 7,500 lbs.
- How many weeks do you need the forklift and how many hours per day will it be used?
- A lot of people don't know it but insurance costs can go up and down based on getting a used forklift particularly if it is a very old lift with obsolete safety features.
- The rent, lease or buy question can only be resolved by contacting several forklift dealers in Cedar Rapids to see what custom solutions they have.
- Any great equipment dealer will certify used forklifts in Cedar Rapids, and many will include warranties for a minimum of 1 year.
- Always buy a forklift that slightly exceeds the capacity and lift level you presently need so that you don't outgrow it too fast.
- Keeping your workers fully educated and OSHA licensed is not just necessary for basic safety, it is actually a legal requirement.
- Does Cedar Rapids keep records of anytime a used forklift is sold which I need to keep updated?
- Will the dealer charge a delivery fee? The majority of dealers charge a delivery fee and a pick up fee for rentals.
No matter how big your company is or how many locations you have you have, The Forklift Center is here to help anytime. Give us a call or complete the information form and we will help you ASAP.