New & Used Forklifts in Monroe, LA
Day after day folks are looking for material handling solutions that increase productivity with the help of forklifts in Monroe. Most manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in Monroe but you still need to call around on The Forklift Center to get the best rates. Warehouse forklift owners have integrated equipment into the very blueprint of their facilities. Based on the design of your facility you may require high reach lift trucks, electric forklifts for indoor use, order picker/cherry picker, narrow aisle or a special counterbalanced lift that can articulate while loaded for any stacking task. Most dealers don't sell every type of used forklift for sale in Monroe so choosing a dealer and manufacturer will go together. Selecting your lift truck is always the first step, select from:
- Gasoline Forklifts- Ideal for outdoor usage only (highly recommended), offer strong power to weight ratio and are very reliable.
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and green option, effective and can be utilized inside manufacturing facilities, high reliability.
- Electric Forklift- When it comes to keeping the work environment healthy, clean, and quiet nothing compares to the electric forklift.
- Diesel Forklifts- Heavy duty diesel forklifts are usually used at docks and ports to move huge containers, these huge machines can lift just about anything.
Warehouse Equipment Repairs Made Easy in Monroe, LA
Believe it or not, rapid response time is the most critical thing for you to find when you need forklift repair in Monroe. Unexpected forklift service is a situation that every company will have to deal with at some time whether for a leaking radiator or gasket leak. Start looking for an established company who takes pride in making sure your lift is repaired completely every time. Simply consider how are you affected once the equipment stops operating and you will fully grasp how essential it is to have a trusted resource for forklift repair in Monroe. It is well known that when the machine stops operating, staff members are often stuck waiting around for forklift service specialists and that hurts the bottom line. Forklift maintenance contracts are a necessary evil in order to avoid much bigger problems later on.
- How many forklift repair men are on their team?
- Does your dealership promise to arrive within a specified time frame from when I request service?
- How often are your repairmen incapable of fixing a forklift?
- What kind of nominal fee will you charge for normal service calls if I buy the repairs and maintenance program?
- Talk directly with a large client or two who use their service on a regular basis.
- Can all repairs be performed at our location?
- Do you offer special deals for repeat customers?
- Are there any extra costs for night time or weekend assistance?
- Can you fix all types of forklift or other warehouse equipment?
- Does the company work with multiple manufacturer lines of equipment?
- Will you offer any kind of free support for a particular time period after the forklift repair is done?
Rent a Forklift From A Trusted Dealer
If your distribution center has significant changes in deliveries usually your only choice is to use forklift rental in Monroe. Sometimes equipment will fail right when a major shipment is delivered or you just landed a new major client requiring you to rent forklifts for only a day or two. A lot of businesses are turned off by the concept of renting a forklift since they like to own, however the trade off comes with extra flexibility to manage additional work. A lot of business owners simply neglect to sit back and do the math to really evaluate what costs less. Short term forklift rental also provides the highest level of versatility and can even work for a single truck load in case you are not handling ongoing deliveries. You can see prices that range from $100 - $300 for a 7k lb forklift rental by the day and $200 to $450 for a 10,000 pound lift by the day. Normally organizations who rent lift trucks are not going to supply an operator so it is important to have a worker trained. Most warehouses are definitely more efficient by having machines to manage costs more effectively, but temporary solutions can allow you to deal with the unforeseen issues that come with any business.
Buy a Used Forklift or Lease a New One?
In spite of the new technology that is now at our fingertips it can still be challenging to locate a high quality used forklift in Monroe. You should ask around and consult with a couple of equipment dealers but there are so many choices that deciding can be like. The choice to buy a new versus used forklift truck is not one that you should take very lightly. If you actually depend on your machines then you will want either a Toyota forklift, Caterpillar or Crown forklift, the superior selling brands. Other manufacturers worth noting will be Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. A typical large warehouse will have used forklifts for sale as their fleet turns over. No matter who you choose for your used forklift in Monroe remember to buy extended and top quality warranties. For example when a Toyota forklift is reconditioned then it can really end up like new, and a lot of dealers will provide performance guarantees. So if you buy from a trusted brand your decision to purchase a used forklift will likely be an effective move.
- Determine what capacity of forklift truck you will require to do the job, most often from 5,000 pound to 20,000 pound
- How many days do you need the forklift and how many hours per day will it be in use?
- Will your insurance charges adjust depending on whether you buy a used forklift vs. a new one? These guidelines usually change based on your location.
- Speak to at least 2 forklift dealers in Monroe to evaluate their short term, monthly, & long term lease rates.
- Every great equipment dealer will certify used forklifts in Monroe, and many will also offer guarantees for about 3 months.
- Only buy a forklift that slightly surpasses the capacity and lift height you initially need so you don't outgrow it too quickly.
- Every good equipment supplier can train your staff to be safe and up to OSHA government standards.
- Will Monroe charge a registration fee when you buy a used forklift?
- Will the dealer apply a delivery fee? Nearly all companies charge a delivery fee and also a pick up fee for rentals.
It doesn't matter how large your business is or how many areas you serve you have, The Forklift Center will be here to help you out. Contact us or fill in the quote form and we will help you as soon as we can.