Gastonia Forklifts - New & Used
Every single day businesses are searching for material handling options that enhance efficiency with the help of forklifts in Gastonia. The Forklift Center is without a doubt the only place to find trusted local forklift dealers in Gastonia that are approved by the leading manufacturers. Warehouse forklift owners have incorporated equipment into the very blueprint of their facilities. It may be hard to find a forklift dealer who supports the large number of machine sizes and both internal combustion and electric forklift engine types that can make the head spin. No one sells every type of used forklift for sale in Gastonia so picking a provider and manufacturer often go together. It is best to first determine the kind of lift truck to suit your needs and here is an easy guide:
- Diesel Forklifts- Huge diesel forklifts are mainly limited to diesel fuel and come with a wide variety of attachments which allow lifting of just about any kind of material to as much as one hundred thousand pounds.
- Propane Forklifts- Newer models of LPG forklifts mean that owners no longer have to sacrifice much power at all to get the environmentally friendly advantages.
- Electric Forklift- Almost all manufacturing facilities rely on electric forklifts these days, though fuel cell lift trucks are becoming more common.
- Internal Combustion Forklifts- Run on standard gasoline are still very common and make for quick refueling.
Equipment Neglect Can Cause Expensive Forklift Repairs
The reality is equipment predictably stops working, and when you need forklift repair in Gastonia, time is money. Unforeseen forklift service is an eventuality that every company must face at some point whether for a blown transmission or electrical malfunction. Many companies can claim fast service but when they overextend themselves then you can lose money with idle inventory. Keeping your equipment up to standard will help you steer clear of emergencies and save cash in the long run, which makes forklift repair in Gastonia a high priority for facility managers. Regular forklift service is tremendously inexpensive especially when juxtaposed with the initial investment for brand new or replacement equipment, so don't pinch pennies. Forklift maintenance agreements can run from six months to as much as five years or more and will help you rest much easier.
- Does the dealer have multiple forklift repair technicians on duty?
- How long should it take from the time I call to when the service van shows up?
- What do most of your clients pay when you fix a forklift?
- For new customers, could the upfront charges be deducted from the ongoing maintenance charge?
- Call a couple of references of their large clients since they're the ones who use it the most.
- Will you fix my lift on or off site?
- Do you offer discounts for long term customers?
- What is the cost difference for emergency service and non business hours work?
- What other types of forklifts or material handling equipment are you able to repair?
- Does the dealer work with all manufacturer lines of equipment?
- How long is your forklift repair work guaranteed?
Short Term Forklift Rental Options
A forklift rental in Gastonia is the best method to quickly take care of new inventory deliveries. Maybe you rent forklifts seasonally for larger temporary projects or can't afford a purchase. Whatever the case is you want to make sure you evaluate the price of forklift rental in Gastonia to the cost of owning over the long run. Nobody likes to see the hit on the balance sheet that comes any time you rent a forklift in Gastonia but the alternative, losing trust with big customers, just isn't an option. This is the reason the majority of equipment producers focus on reliability and durability in their machines because it is less likely to put you in a bind. Forklift rental rates in Gastonia will change by the day, week, month and sometimes even by the hour. Weekly and monthly rental will save you quite a bit from daily rates and generally cost $1,000 to $2,000 for any lift-truck rental below 12,000 lbs. Renting a high priced piece of equipment also means that you will need to be fully covered by insurance.
New or Used Forklifts, When Does It Make More Sense?
Depending on your area, business size and type of material you'll be stocking there is a lot to consider when you buy a new or used forklift in Gastonia. When your lift will be used outdoors in the elements or for multiple hours daily then you will need to have a real workhorse. Perhaps you are simply looking for the lowest price for a used forklift truck that will just be used sparingly. Most companies who handle multiple pieces of machines and facilities rely on leading brands such as Toyota forklifts, Crown Lift Trucks and Caterpillar forklifts. In cases where you only use your lift truck a few hours each month you can get away using a Yale forklift, Nissan lift truck or even a Hyster or Raymond. By calling around you can get the best price on a used forklift for sale by speaking with industry experts who often replace outdated equipment. Purchasing used forklift in Gastonia makes your decision on which manufacturer to select much more important. For example when a Toyota forklift is reconditioned then it can truly be like new, and many dealers are going to offer performance guarantees. Brand name manufacturer support can actually ensure purchasing used forklifts more attractive.
- Does Gastonia keep records of anytime a used forklift is sold that you need to keep updated?
- Decide whether you are going to need a standard capacity forklift truck 4,000 pounds to 6,000 pounds or a larger capacity lift over 12,000 pounds
- How many days do you need the forklift and how many hours a day will it be in use?
- Most people do not realize it but insurance charges may go up and down depending on getting a used forklift especially if it is a very old machine with obsolete components.
- With multiple options to select from short & long term lease and rent to own it is critical that you speak to more than 3 forklift dealers in Gastonia before you make a choice.
- Are you able to save money on set up fees by picking up the equipment straight from the dealer? If you trailer this can save you some money.
- Any great equipment dealer will certify used forklifts in Gastonia, and most will include guarantees for about six months.
- Always buy a forklift that is slightly larger than the capacity and lift height you initially need so you do not outgrow it too quickly.
- Make sure your crew has been adequately trained and licensed in accordance with OSHA standards before you rent or buy a forklift.
Regardless of how big your organization is or how many locations you have you have, The Forklift Center is here to help you out. Give us a call or fill in the quote form and we will help you as quick as possible.