New & Used Forklifts in Wilmington, NC
Don't you need one reliable company to supply forklifts in Wilmington and all of your material handling needs? It isn't tough to do a quick online search with The Forklift Center and find a forklift dealer in Wilmington, the challenging part is choosing a reputable one that will be there when you need them. It is no secret that nearly every distributor relies on warehouse forklifts to keep their enterprises bustling. Depending on the design of your facility you could need high-reach fork lifts, electric forklifts for indoor use, order picker/cherry picker, narrow aisle or a special counterbalanced lift that can articulate while loaded for any stacking job. It's easiest to start researching a used forklift for sale in Wilmington online but you will ultimately want talk to a material handling professional. It is best to first choose the type of lift truck to meet your needs and here is a convenient guide:
- Internal Combustion Forklifts- Run on standard gasoline are still very common and make for easy refueling.
- Propane Forklifts- Newer models of LPG forklifts mean that owners no longer need to sacrifice much power at all to obtain the eco-friendly advantages.
- Electric Forklifts- The obvious choice for indoor use because you don't have to worry about the noise or polluting consequences of other engine types.
- Diesel Forklifts- Large diesel forklifts are typically limited to diesel fuel and come with an assortment of attachments that allow lifting of virtually any kind of material up to one hundred thousand pounds.
Material Handling Repairs Made Easy in Wilmington, NC
The reality is equipment obviously breaks down, and when you need forklift repair in Wilmington, time is money. Having your lift trucks fixed and your inventory in motion again is your most important job, so you will want to find a dealer with on-site service and high quality forklift service technicians. A lot of companies can promise fast service but when they overextend themselves then you can lose money by having idle inventory. Keeping your equipment up to par will help you avoid emergencies and save money in the long run, making forklift repair in Wilmington a top priority for facility owners. It is well known that when the machine stops operating, staff members are often caught waiting for forklift service technicians and that hurts the bottom line. Forklift maintenance agreements can span from three months up to 3 years or more and will allow you to rest much easier.
- Does the dealer have multiple forklift repair technicians on duty?
- Does your dealership guarantee to show up within a particular length of time from when I call for service?
- How often are your technicians unable to repair a forklift?
- What type of nominal fee do you charge for regular service calls when I utilize the monthly maintenance program?
- Speak directly with a significant size company or two who use their service every month.
- Will I have to bring my own machines to you or can you provide assistance at my business?
- Will you reduce your charges when I agree to do business exclusively with your dealership?
- Do you provide service on holidays or do emergency priority service?
- Can you repair all types of forklift or other warehouse machines?
- Are there any equipment manufacturers that you don't work with?
- Will you provide any type of free help and support for a particular period after the forklift repair is finished?
How to Compare Your Options From Dealer to Dealer
Even for corporations that have large equipment fleets it can often pay to look for a forklift rental in Wilmington if times get tough. You probably rent forklifts seasonally for bigger temporary projects or cannot afford an investment in new equipment. So many businesses are turned off by the concept of renting a forklift because they like to own, however the trade off comes with added ability to manage far more work. Nobody likes to see the hit on the bottom line that comes any time you rent a forklift in Wilmington but the alternative, loss of trust with big clients, is simply not an option. This is why the majority of equipment producers emphasize dependability and durability in their machines because it is less likely to break down on you. You will find rates that range between $150 to $350 for a 5,000 pound forklift rental by the day and $150 - $500 for a 10,000 pound lift by the day. Weekly and monthly rental will save you a lot from daily rates and generally cost $1,000 to $2,000 for any lift-truck rental below 8,000 pounds. Renting a pricey machine also means that you will need to be properly insured.
Finding Equipment For Any Material Handling Task
Buying a used forklift in Wilmington makes sense for the cost sensitive warehouse operator. If your lift will be used outdoors in the cold or for multiple hours daily then you will require a real workhorse. The decision to purchase a new as opposed to a used forklift truck is not one that should be taken very lightly. Most companies who handle multiple pieces of equipment and locations count on major brands such as Toyota forklifts, Crown Lift Trucks and Caterpillar forklifts. Additional manufacturers you want to consider are Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. Comparing prices on used forklifts for sale is never apples to apples because every lift has been maintained differently. Purchasing used forklift in Wilmington makes your decision on which manufacturer to select much more crucial. Toyota forklifts are recognized for their high quality and great aftermarket service. Brand name manufacturer support can really help make buying used forklifts more attractive.
- When you buy a used forklift will there be any strange fees for registering in Wilmington?
- Determine what capacity of forklift truck you will need for the job, typically from 2,500 lbs. to 7,500 lbs.
- How many days do you need the forklift and how many hours per day will it be in use?
- The majority of people don't realize it but insurance charges can easily change depending on purchasing a used forklift particularly if it is a very old lift with outdated components.
- Speak to at least 2 forklift dealers in Wilmington to compare their short term, monthly, & long term lease options.
- Avoid unexpected charges by checking for delivery fees, part replacement charges and odd billing cycles that can trip you up.
- Only buy a used forklift in Wilmington from a dealer who has good references that you can verify.
- If you want to buy a forklift and it is your first time, be sure to get a somewhat bigger capacity lift truck than you initially estimate just to cover any oversights.
- Any decent equipment supplier will be able to train your staff to be safe and pass OSHA government requirements.
The Forklift Center is able to assist you to allocate all kinds of warehouse and construction equipment. Quickly enter your details into the quote form and we get moving for you.