Forklifts in Austin, TX
Don't you need one reputable company to supply forklifts in Austin and all of your material handling needs? The Forklift Center is undoubtedly the only place to find reliable local forklift dealers in Austin that are approved by the leading manufacturers. It is no secret that nearly every supplier depends on warehouse forklifts to keep their enterprises humming. It may be difficult to find a forklift dealer who can handle the vast number of machine sizes and both internal combustion and electric forklift engine types that can make the head spin. There are multiple ways you can get used forklifts for sale in Austin but you will often end up let down when you don't completely understand what lift will work best for you. To pick the lift truck that will help you accomplish your goals start off with:
- Gasoline Forklifts- Most suitable for outdoor use only (highly recommended), offer strong weight to power output ratio and are really dependable.
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and eco-friendly choice, efficient and can be used within manufacturing facilities, high dependability.
- Electric Forklift- When it comes to keeping the work environment healthy, clean, and low noise nothing beats the electric forklift.
- Diesel Forklift Trucks- Extraordinarily sturdy and very high power, intended for high capacity forklifts.
Fixing Warehouse Equipment Doesn't Have to be a Hassle
Truth be told, fast response time is the most critical thing for you to find when you need forklift repair in Austin. Getting your lift trucks fixed and your product line moving along again is your number one priority, so you will want to choose a dealer who offers on-site service and well trained forklift service technicians. 2 hour repair is available in many areas as well but it can cost more. You can often find round-the-clock forklift repair in Austin but it can help when you have a routine maintenance agreement which gives you priority. Regular routine maintenance contracts for forklift service are what every manager eventually comes to depend on after struggling with lift trucks breaking down multiple times. Forklift maintenance agreements are a necessary evil in order to avoid much bigger repairs later on.
- Does your dealership an have adequate number of forklift repair technicians to take care of multiple jobs at a time if my fleet starts to fail?
- What would be the average response time for a repair call?
- How often are your technicians unable to fix a forklift?
- For new clients, can the initial fees be deducted from the monthly maintenance charge?
- Ask for a few of their best references who can attest to the quality of service they experienced.
- Will I have to deliver my equipment to your dealership or are you going to provide service at my business?
- Do you provide discounts for long-term customers?
- Do you offer support on holidays or do emergency priority service?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment can you repair?
- Can your dealership deal with several manufacturer product lines?
- Will you provide any sort of free help and support for a particular time period after the forklift repair is finished?
When Is It Time to Rent a Forklift
If your distribution facility has significant fluctuations in incoming orders often times your only option is to use forklift rental in Austin. Sometimes equipment will stop working right when a big delivery arrives or you just got a new major client forcing you to rent forklifts for only a few days. Many businesses are turned off by the concept of renting a forklift since they prefer to own, however the trade off includes added ability to handle additional work. Bookkeepers prefer to get rid of every short-term expense on the balance sheet and often fail to realize what a big help this equipment can be in a pinch. Short term forklift rental also gives the highest degree of versatility and can also work for just one truck load in case you are not managing ongoing shipments. You can see fees that range between $150 to $350 for a 5,000 pound forklift rental by the day and $200 to $450 for a 10,000 pound lift by the day. Weekly and monthly rental will save quite a bit from daily rates and generally cost $800 - $1,800 for any lift-truck rental below 8,000 lbs. Leasing a high priced machine also means that you will need to be fully covered by insurance.
Searching For a Reconditioned Forklift
In spite of the new technology that is now at our fingertips it can continue to be tough to find a great used forklift in Austin. When your equipment will be used outdoors in the cold or for multiple hours daily then you will need a real workhorse. Maybe you are simply looking for the lowest price for a used forklift truck that will only be utilized sparingly. If you actually count on your equipment then you will prefer either a Toyota forklift, Caterpillar or Crown forklift, the best selling manufacturers. There are actually good cheaper alternatives like Raymond, Yale forklifts, Nissan forklifts and Yale. Comparing prices on used forklifts for sale can be never easy because every machine has been maintained differently. The manufacturer is a big your decision when purchasing a used forklift in Austin especially when you consider that most will frequently certify repaired machines. Most material handling publications recommend Toyota forklifts for their unrivaled support following the purchase. It is clear that used forklifts don't have to be a gamble.
- If possible make an effort to only buy standard forklift size ranges of less than 7,000 since they will provide greater options compared to large capacity lifts.
- Will your insurance costs change based on whether you get a used forklift versus a new one? These policies usually adjust based on your location.
- Whether to lease, rent or purchase can only be answered by calling a few forklift dealers in Austin to find out what custom solutions they have.
- Any decent equipment supplier is going to certify used forklifts in Austin, and many will also offer guarantees for about 6 months.
- Make sure your team has been properly trained and certified in accordance with OSHA standards before you rent or purchase a forklift.
- If you invest in a used forklift are there any special costs for registering in Austin?
- Avoid getting caught off guard by unexpected expenses and look out for transport fees, part replacement charges and abnormal billing cycles that may trip you up.
Regardless of how big your business is or how many areas you serve you have, The Forklift Center is here to help anytime. Quickly type in your info into the quote form and we get to work for you.