Forklifts in The Woodlands, TX
Day after day folks are looking for material handling options that enhance productivity with the help of forklifts in The Woodlands. The Forklift Center is undoubtedly the only place to find dependable local forklift dealers in The Woodlands that are authorized by the major manufacturers. A challenge can arise when it is time to choose between warehouse forklift models, especially when you may have various size/weight loads and space to operate in. Luckily there is literally a forklift for every situation and many that can serve double and triple duty such as reach trucks, stand up/rider combos, walkie stackers, side loaders, side loaders, electric forklifts, telescopic lift trucks, walkie tow-lifts, articulating, remote guided and many more. There are plenty of avenues for getting used forklifts for sale in The Woodlands but you will always be disappointed if you don't completely understand your material handling needs. Picking out your lift truck is often the initial step, pick from:
- Diesel Forklifts- Large diesel forklifts are generally limited to diesel fuel and come with a variety of accessories which allow lifting of virtually any kind of material as much as 100,000 lbs.
- Propane Forklifts- Newer models of LPG forklifts mean that owners no longer have to sacrifice much power at all to get the eco-friendly advantages.
- Electric Forklift- When it comes to keeping the work environment healthy, clean, and low noise nothing can beat the electric forklift.
- Gasoline Powered- The biggest range of lifting capacities can be found in gasoline powered forklifts and they are the simplest to integrate into existing non-forklift equipment fleets.
Take Care of Your Forklift With Preventative Care
The truth is equipment inevitably breaks down, and when you need forklift repair in The Woodlands, time is money. Having your lift trucks repaired and your inventory moving along again is your number one priority, so you will want to choose a dealer who offers on-site support and high quality forklift service specialists. 2 hour repair is offered in several metros as well but it can cost you. Just ask yourself what happens when the equipment stops functioning and you will fully grasp how important it is to have a reliable resource for forklift repair in The Woodlands. Regular forklift service is tremendously cost-effective especially when compared to the up front costs for brand new or replacement equipment, so don't pinch pennies. The larger your company, the more important it is to set up forklift maintenance contracts that will assure you have no downtime with backup machines prepared at a moment's notice.
- How many forklift repair technicians are on their team?
- How long will it take from when I call until the service van shows up?
- What do your average customers pay to have you fix a forklift?
- If I sign up for a ongoing maintenance program, subtract the fees of the initial repair from my contract?
- Speak directly with a big company or two who utilize their service on a regular basis.
- Can all repairs be performed within our facility?
- Can you reduce your service fees if I agree to work with only your dealership?
- What is the price range for emergency support and non business hours work?
- Can you repair all types of forklift or other warehouse machines?
- Are there any equipment manufacturers that you don't repair?
- How long is a forklift repair job guaranteed?
When Is It Time to Rent a Forklift
A forklift rental in The Woodlands is the least complicated method to quickly take on new inventory deliveries. Maybe you rent forklifts seasonally for bigger temporary projects or can't afford a purchase. So many businesses are turned off by the idea of renting a forklift as they prefer to own, however the trade off includes additional flexibility to deal with far more work. Accountants like to remove any and all short-term expense on the balance sheet and many times fail to realize what a lifesaver this equipment can be in a pinch. Forklift rental rates vary widely from area to area and company to company and most will not be listed on the internet. As with any business expense forklift rental rates can change significantly depending on your timing and not to mention the time of year. A typical factory forklift rental will most likely start at about $100 a day delivery, while the heavy duty lifts can get up to roughly $400 or more. Even though you may be looking for this lift because of an emergency or time constraints, you still need to take time to call at least three companies and inquire about shipping charges, insurance or any other costs that could apply.
The Case For Buying a Reconditioned Forklift
Depending on your location, company size and type of material you're going to be stocking there is a lot to take into account when you buy a new or used forklift in The Woodlands. You will need to ask around and speak with several equipment dealers but there are so many alternatives that deciding can be like. Your choices might be restricted by budget constraints but the cost of a used forklift truck will usually be cheaper. If you seriously rely on your equipment then you will want either a Toyota forklift, Caterpillar or Crown forklift, the best selling brands. In case you only use your lift truck a couple of hours a month you can get away having a Yale forklift, Nissan lift truck or even a Hyster or Raymond. Trying to compare prices on used forklifts for sale is never easy as every lift has its own history. Regardless of who you go with for your used forklift in The Woodlands ensure you buy extensive and top quality warranties. For instance if a Toyota forklift is restored then it can truly be like new, and a lot of dealers may offer performance guarantees. Brand name manufacturer support can actually help make buying used forklifts more appealing.
- If possible make an effort to stick to standard forklift size ranges of less than 8,000 lbs as they will give you much more selection compared to large capacity lifts.
- Will your insurance costs change based on whether you buy a used forklift vs. a new one? These types of policies usually adjust based on your region.
- Get in touch with no less than 3 forklift dealers in The Woodlands in order to compare their daily, monthly, & long term lease options.
- Any good equipment supplier is going to certify used forklifts in The Woodlands, and the majority will include guarantees for a minimum of 3 months.
- Keeping your lift operators properly trained, qualified and OSHA accredited is not just important for safety, it's a legal requirement.
- Does The Woodlands maintain records of every time a used forklift is sold which you need to keep up to date?
- Will the dealer apply a delivery fee? A lot of dealers charge a delivery fee and also a pick up fee for rentals.
Let The Forklift Center assist you with all of your equipment needs in The Woodlands. Give us a call or fill out the quote form and we will get back to you ASAP.