Layton Forklifts - New & Used
Just look in any manufacturing facility or down any alley and it is easy to notice that companies depend on forklifts in Layton. The Forklift Center is without a doubt the only place to find trusted local forklift dealers in Layton that are approved by the major manufacturers. A challenge can come up when it is time to choose between warehouse forklift types, particularly when you may have varying size/weight loads and space to operate in. Based on the layout of your facility you may require high reach lift trucks, electric forklifts for indoor use, order picker/cherry picker, narrow aisle or a special counterbalanced lift that stays agile while loaded for any stacking task. Dealers cannot sell every type of used forklift for sale in Layton so picking a dealer and manufacturer will go hand in hand. Picking out your lift truck is always the initial step, select from:
- Gasoline Forklifts- Perfect for outdoor usage only (highly recommended), provide strong weight to power output ratio and are really dependable.
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and green option, efficient and can be used within warehouses, high durability.
- Electric Forklift- When it comes to trying to keep the work environment healthy, clean, and low noise nothing compares to the electric forklift.
- Diesel Forklifts- Heavy duty diesel forklifts are usually used at dockyards and ports to move large containers, these huge machines can lift almost anything.
Warehouse Equipment Repairs Should be Simple in Layton, UT
Every piece of equipment your company operates needs ongoing care and maintenance to function smoothly and forklift repair in Layton is no different. From 3, 2, and even one hour forklift service calls you will need to find a company with remarkably competent technicians and several service vans. A lot of companies can easily promise fast service but if they overextend themselves then you can lose money by having idle inventory. Keeping your equipment up to standard will help you stay away from emergencies and save cash over time, which makes forklift repair in Layton a high priority for warehouse owners. It is well known that when the machine stops running, workers are often caught waiting around for forklift service specialists and that hurts the bottom line. Forklift maintenance contracts can run from six months to as much as seven years or more and will allow you to rest easier.
- How many forklift repair men do they have?
- Does your dealership promise to show up within a particular time frame from when I request support?
- What would be the typical charge to fix a forklift under 10,000 pounds?
- If I sign up for a maintenance program, do you deduct the fees of the first repair from my contract?
- Talk directly with a significant size company or two who utilize their service every month.
- Can all repairs be done within our location?
- If I agree to a lengthier term contract, are you going to cut me a great deal?
- Do you provide support on holidays or do emergency priority service?
- What other types of forklifts or industrial equipment are you able to fix?
- Does the dealer work with all manufacturer lines of equipment?
- How long is your forklift repair work guaranteed?
Don't Buy Equipment For Short Term Use When You Can Lease
When your distribution center has major fluctuations in deliveries usually your only option is to utilize forklift rental in Layton. You probably rent forklifts seasonally for bigger short-term jobs or cannot afford a purchase. Whatever the scenario is you want to be sure you review the cost of forklift rental in Layton to the cost of ownership over the long run. No one wants to see the hit on the balance sheet that comes any time you rent a forklift in Layton but the other option, reducing credibility with major customers, is absolutely not an option. That is why nearly all equipment manufacturers highlight dependability and durability in their products since it is less likely to put you in a bind. You can see prices that range from $100 - $300 for a 6,500 lb forklift rental by the day and $150 - $500 for a 10,000 pound lift by the day. A regular warehouse forklift rental will usually start at approximately $80 per day delivery, while the heavy duty lifts can cost nearly $400 or more. Even though you may be looking for this equipment as a result of an emergency or time constraints, you still have to take some time to consult no less than 3 businesses and inquire about shipping charges, insurance or any other fees that could apply.
Finding Equipment For Any Warehouse Job
Getting a used forklift in Layton makes sense for the cost sensitive warehouse owner. If your equipment will be used outside in the cold or for long stretches each day then you will require a real workhorse. Your choices may be limited by financial constraints but the cost of a used forklift truck will usually be less. If you actually count on your equipment then you may prefer either a Toyota forklift, Caterpillar or Crown forklift, the very best selling brand names. Other manufacturers you want to consider will be Nissan forklifts, Raymond and Yale lift trucks. Trying to compare prices on used forklifts for sale can be never apples to apples when every machine has its own history. The manufacturer is an important component of your choice when purchasing a used forklift in Layton especially when you take into account that most will frequently certify reconditioned machines. Toyota forklifts are well known for their superior quality and fantastic aftermarket service. The bottom line is that used forklifts don't have to be considered a risk.
- If possible make an effort to stick to standard forklift capacity ranges of less than 10,000 since they will give you greater options in comparison with large capacity lifts.
- How many days will you need the forklift and how many hours per day will it be in use?
- Most people do not know it but insurance rates can easily go up and down based on getting a used forklift particularly if it is a very old machine with outdated components.
- Get in touch with at least two forklift dealers in Layton to assess their daily, monthly, & extended lease rates.
- Only buy a used forklift in Layton from a dealer who has great references that you can authenticate.
- Only buy a forklift that slightly surpasses the capacity and lift level you initially require so that you don't outgrow it too fast.
- Make sure your staff has been properly trained and certified according to OSHA standards before you rent or buy a forklift.
- Does Layton keep records of every time a used forklift is sold that I need to keep up to date?
- Don't get sideswiped by unforeseen charges and check for transport fees
Let The Forklift Center provide you with your entire equipment needs in Layton. Grab a phone and get started today.