New & Used Forklifts in Norfolk, VA
Simply look in any warehouse or down any alley and it is easy to see that businesses count on forklifts in Norfolk. The majority of manufacturers only have one forklift dealer in Norfolk but you should still call around on The Forklift Center for the best price ranges. It is no secret that nearly every supplier relies upon warehouse forklifts to keep their enterprises humming. It may be tough to find a forklift dealer who can handle the vast number of machine sizes and both internal combustion and electric forklift engine types that can make the head spin. You can start searching for a used forklift for sale in Norfolk on the Internet but in the end you should consult a pro. To choose the lift truck to enable you to achieve your goals start with:
- Liquid Propane (LPG) Forklifts - A clean and eco-friendly choice, effective and can be utilized inside warehouses, high reliability.
- Gasoline Forklifts- Most suitable for outdoor use only (highly recommended), provide effective power to weight ratio and are really dependable.
- Diesel Forklifts- Huge diesel forklifts are mostly limited to diesel fuel and come with a wide variety of accessories that allow lifting of virtually any material to as much as one hundred thousand pounds.
- Electric Forklifts- The obvious choice for indoor use because you don't have to worry about the noise or polluting effects of other engine types.
Fixing Material Handling Equipment the Easy Way
Believe it or not, quick response time is the most important thing to find when you need forklift repair in Norfolk. From 3, 2, and even 1 hour forklift service appointments you will need to find a dealer with highly competent specialists and several service vans. Start looking for an established business who values making sure your lift is repaired properly every time. You can often find round-the-clock forklift repair in Norfolk but it can help when you have a maintenance agreement which gives you priority. Regular forklift service is tremendously cost-effective particularly when juxtaposed with the up front costs for brand new or replacement equipment, so don't pinch pennies. Forklift maintenance contracts are a necessary evil in order to avoid costlier problems in the future.
- Does the dealer have more than one forklift repair technicians on duty?
- What is the average response time for a repair call?
- How much do your average clients pay when you fix a forklift?
- For new customers, could the upfront charges be deducted from the monthly maintenance charge?
- I have many different types of forklifts, can you help me maintain all of them?
- Contact a couple of references of their large clients because they are the ones who use it the most.
- If I commit to an extended term contract, will you offer a deal?
- Do you offer service on holidays or do last minute priority service?
- Does the dealer work with multiple manufacturer lines of equipment?
- Can all repairs be performed at our facility?
- How long is a forklift repair job guaranteed?
The Basics of Forklift Rental in Norfolk, VA
Even for companies with large equipment fleets it can sometimes pay to find a forklift rental in Norfolk if inventory is backed up. Usually machines will break down as soon as a major delivery arrives or you recently got a new big client forcing you to rent forklifts for just a few days. A lot of businesses are turned off by the thought of renting a forklift as they prefer to own, however the trade off comes with added ability to additional work. No one likes to see the hit on the balance sheet that comes any time you rent a forklift in Norfolk however the alternative, reducing credibility with major clients, just isn't an option. Short term forklift rental also provides the greatest level of versatility and can even work for just one truck load if you are not dealing with ongoing shipments. You will find fees that range from $150 to $350 for a 7k lb forklift rental by the day and $150 - $500 for a 8,000 lb. lift by the day. A regular factory forklift rental will often begin at approximately $80 per day plus delivery, while the large capacity lifts can cost nearly $400 or more. Leasing a pricey machine also means that you will need to be fully insured.
Pre-Owned Forklifts Can Save You Money in Norfolk
Buying a used forklift in Norfolk is smart for the cost sensitive warehouse manager. If your lift will be used outside in the elements or for multiple hours daily then you will require a real workhorse. Maybe you are just searching for the lowest price on a used forklift truck that will just be used occasionally. A lot of people in the material handling industry opt to buy a Toyota forklift, Crown or Caterpillar forklift since they are the leading manufacturers. There are actually good cheaper options like Raymond, Yale forklifts, Nissan forklifts and Yale. A typical big distributor have used forklifts for sale when their old equipment wears out. Regardless of who you pick for your used forklift in Norfolk remember to get extensive and top quality warranties. Most material handling publications recommend Toyota forklifts for their unrivaled support after the purchase. As long as you buy from a trusted brand your decision to purchase a used forklift should be an excellent move.
- Determine what size of forklift truck you will require for the job, normally from 5,000 pound to 20,000 pound
- It is also smart to check with your insurance agent on whether insurance fees will be increased more by a new or used forklift purchase on the books.
- The rent, lease or buy question can only be resolved by getting in touch with a couple of forklift dealers in Norfolk to see what special solutions they offer.
- Any great equipment dealer is going to certify used forklifts in Norfolk, and the majority will incorporate warranties for around half a year.
- Make sure your crew has been properly trained and licensed according to OSHA standards before you rent or purchase a forklift.
- If you pay for a used forklift are there any strange bills for registering in Norfolk?
- Will you save money on delivery fees by picking up the lift straight from the dealer? If you trailer this might save you some money.
The Forklift Center has the ability to assist you to source any kind of factory and construction equipment. Simply provide your info into the quote form and we do the job for you.